The MVP race

Steelersfan43

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Garrett needs a vote. He is the best I have ever seen him.

You must be to young to of watch LT and Reggie then. 

To be honest the DPOY award is similar to the MVP race. Numerous players are having outstanding years, absolute game wreckers but several are really lumped into a similar tier statistically. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

You must be to young to of watch LT and Reggie then. 

To be honest the DPOY award is similar to the MVP race. Numerous players are having outstanding years, absolute game wreckers but several are really lumped into a similar tier statistically. 

Not to speak for this poster, but I think they meant that Garrett is playing the best football that Garrett has ever played.

LT and Reggie, he is not. Quite a treat that would be, though.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh

2 hours ago, General Tso said:

I don't think a clear MVP has emerged.

So, give it to Mahomes.

I don't think this is too far off, tbh. 

He has comparable stats and is playing arguably the worst football of his career.

If he reverts to his average play down the stretch and Stroud falls off - Idk I think there is a reason he's still a frontrunner.

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I don’t understand. This is supposed to be a thread about the MVP race; why are we talking about Dak Prescott and Trevor Lawrence?

Im giving you footballs because you made me laugh lol but I do think Dak is in the disccusion tbh.

Just now, notthatbluestuff said:

I really don't think he was before this week and I don't see why his performance against a dead Giants team should make a difference?

For the same reason Lamar isn't a real candidate at the moment imo. 

Because we are only halfway through the season and most voters aren't Cowboys or Ravens fans, so they won't remember the "context" of situations when the season is over. They won't remember dropped passes or "almost" plays or even quality of opponent.

At the end of the season, most people are just going to compare the top 2-3 stats and maybe use some context to differentiate between those. And I think Dak will be in that discussion, if he continues this pace imo. 

11 minutes ago, Soggust said:

For the same reason Lamar isn't a real candidate at the moment imo. 

Because we are only halfway through the season and most voters aren't Cowboys or Ravens fans, so they won't remember the "context" of situations when the season is over. They won't remember dropped passes or "almost" plays or even quality of opponent.

At the end of the season, most people are just going to compare the top 2-3 stats and maybe use some context to differentiate between those. And I think Dak will be in that discussion, if he continues this pace imo. 

Lamar won MVP already.

He is still the frontrunner IMO. One game doesn’t tank his stock, especially when no1 else is really ascending. Aside from Stroud, who will never win it, even if it’s deserved. 

14 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Lamar won MVP already.

He is still the frontrunner IMO. One game doesn’t tank his stock, especially when no1 else is really ascending. Aside from Stroud, who will never win it, even if it’s deserved. 

I don't understand - What does him winning MVP 4 years ago have to do with this years case?

His problem is that this year he has a 15:9 td:to ratio and about 40 totYPG less than other candidates. 

He's been efficient and great this year. I'm not saying he's not been.

But I think the sum of his numbers are not necessarily reflective of the parts and I think he will get screwed in the long term because of it.

Edited by Soggust

47 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Weren’t you trying to argue that he wouldn’t get votes because most voters aren’t Ravens fans? 

I think it's the second part of that sentence you are missing, my friend.

We didn't have to justify the numbers for Lamar in 2019 because his numbers spoke for themself.

11 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Again the ravens and chiefs defenses are the driving force for their teams this year, how are Lamar/Pat the league MVP? 

Has anyone in history won mvp with the other side of the ball being the best part of the team?

Terry Bradshaw?