Kenny Britt cut by the Browns; Signed by the Patriots

Kiwibrown

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So, on a serious note - safe to say his career is done, right?

Following the footsteps of Dwayne Bowe, yup.

47 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Britt was always someone I expected more of, getting cut by the Browns could be about as low as you can go IMO.

Why?  Britt has never played well for any coach who wasn't named Jeff Fisher.  Ever. 

Hold on a second now lets think rational here about this.  The Falcons have a knack for taking on ex browns players or trading with them and making them into something or having them continue dominating if they already was.  

Julio trade,  Alex Mack,  Taylor Gabriel, Ahtyna Rubin, Austin Patzor, Terrance Magee maybe even more im forgetting.   The last 2 haven't played yet bc of people in front of them but their on the team so theirs hope of them blowing up xD

I say send him this way for a few games and let the Falcons have a shot at him before we send him off into the sunset to see if we can get the magic working again.

CLE's contract makes this a no-risk signing for 2017 - having cleared waivers, literally no dead money they are taking on, except for 3 games at the vet min, most likely.

There's also no guaranteed $ from the 2018 CLE contract, though, so I'd imagine the Pats are just doing a 3-game tryout to see if there's anything there - like they did with Michael Floyd last year.  I'd be shocked if there's any guaranteed $ for 2018.  Zero risk but also likely the same result as Floyd (short tryout, then move on).

Archived