Eagles trade for S Kevin Byard

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, Jays3 said:

See I think this has also dropped off in recent years due to losing talent around him. I think you take him off that defense and add him to the eagles and he might end up being something between his 2022 and 2021 years.

also, hasn’t missed a game in 7 years (knock on wood)

Yeah, that's why I said his grade should jump up into the 70s in this defense and that's still a real nice starter. I think his experience on the back end is pretty invaluable. I'm just not expecting him to quite have a year like 2 or more years ago. I just think we should be as realistic as we can. Don't need to be setting our expectations sky high haha.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This was for his play from 2 years ago.

That's for the 2021 season where he had his highest PFF grade. It's a nice watch. But, I don't think we're quite getting that player rn.

Probably not but I think we are getting a better player than what PFF is showing him to be so far this year. Players just tend to play better when playing next to other good players. All they have to focus on is their own assignments whereas in a worse defense he would feel obligated to keep an eye on other things, which sometimes might backfire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, that's why I said his grade should jump up into the 70s in this defense and that's still a real nice starter. I think his experience on the back end is pretty invaluable. I'm just not expecting him to quite have a year like 2 or more years ago. I just think we should be as realistic as we can. Don't need to be setting our expectations sky high haha.

I’m not expecting an all pro player, but I am expecting at least a good player. A good player is a massive upgrade over edmunds

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'm expecting Byard to be equal or maybe a tiny bit better than Evans, but that's considerably better than Edmunds. Don't think he'll be on the team after June 1st, but he's a nice band aid for this season.

At the very least he allows us to not force Sydney on the field and learn on the fly. To say your expectations are for him to be a tiny bit better than Evans is funny to me though.

Wait so we traded Edmonds to the Titans as part of the deal?

Talk about Cut Throat Buisness!

After SNF, Kelly Green Game victory. 9am this morning.  Hey Terrell, Howie needs to see you in his office. We thank you for your contribution to last night's victory but we are sending you to Tennessee. See ....? on the way out.

Full blown Money Ball 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

At the very least he allows us to not force Sydney on the field and learn on the fly. To say your expectations are for him to be a tiny bit better than Evans is funny to me though.

He has zero pass deflections this season and his pff grade has fallen off. Current Kevin Byard looks pretty average. Maybe a change of scenery changes that, maybe it doesn't. Edmunds played worse for us than he did with Steelers. Not everyone that comes here is going to ball out.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

He has zero pass deflections this season and his pff grade has fallen off. Current Kevin Byard looks pretty average. Maybe a change of scenery changes that, maybe it doesn't. Edmunds played worse for us than he did with Steelers. Not everyone that comes here is going to ball out.

Yeah he was average on a Tennessee team surrounded by mediocrity and a losing environment. I think Edmunds is just a bad player who was propped up by Minkah, a kick *** pass rush, the fact that he had experience in the system, and a long 1st round leash. Because Edmunds didn't play well here is in no way shape or form a reason to be pessimistic of Byard's Eagles outlook.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah he was average on a Tennessee team surrounded by mediocrity and a losing environment.

Was Tennessee a good team last year? Because Byard was good last year. I don't think it was his environment. He's just getting older.

3 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Byard isn't the player he once was, but he's still a massive upgrade over all other options that were currently on the roster to start opposite Reed.  It's a very good move for the Eagles.  For the Titans? Has to sting that's the best they could do for one of their best players.

Could get a boost playing with all these hungry dogs. Might've just looked a bit worse playing with such a crappy unit. Like you said tho still a upgrade and I'm very very happy

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Was Tennessee a good team last year? Because Byard was good last year. I don't think it was his environment. He's just getting older.

That's fine but to compare him to a player like Justin freaking Evans is just plain disrespectful to Kevin Byard. Justin Evans hasn't even played enough NFL snaps to be comparable lol

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

A frequently healthy, proven, savvy, versatile veteran safety is arguably what this defense needed most. I'm not expecting all pro play, but to think he won't be noticeably better than what we've been trotting out there opposite Reed is just ludicrous in my mind.

Has Byard been noticeably better than Evans this year?