Boston Sports Thread

I_GET_SAX

16 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Carson Smith posted his 4th straight scoreless rehab outing last night with Pawtucket.

I'm guessing he'll be called up on September 1st with the roster expands. Sox pen will be looking nice with Reed, Workman, Smith, and Kimbrel.

And hopefully no more Hembree or Robby Scott.

I can see how you could like the trade (I like it as well) but Isaiah was one of the most likeable Celtics or even Boston athlete, in quite some time.

The guys all heart and plays with a chip on his shoulder. He helped make the Celtics relevant again during the rebuild and was a HUGE reason we were able to land Horford and Hayward. He played hurt and he played the day after his sister died.

I don't see how any Celtics "fan" can dislike IT.

48 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I don't see how any Celtics "fan" can dislike IT.

There is a guy in my office who never liked Isaiah. I think he could just never get over his height limitations and he thought he would hold back the Celtics. Suffice it to say he loved the trade, called it the best move they have made in years lol

I LOVED Isaiah, he bought all the way in, was the heart and soul of that team, and really found himself here. Heres the thing though, this isnt his team anymore. Horford is the only returning projected starter. Guys who played in Celtic green last season you can count on one hand; Horford, Smart, Rozier, Jaylen, and Gerald Green. I also don't think he fit here anymore, and I don't really mean on the court. We just handed out two Max contracts in Horford and Hayward. We just drafted 2 guys 3 overall in Brown and Tatum. Having a guy who wants max money next off-season would not fit with the growth of the team both in potential of the young guys growing or financially. 

CC crying about the Red Sox bunting because he's fat, out of shape and hurt. Grow up dude.

AL just got a whole lot more interesting with the Astros adding Verlander. Sale/Pomeranz, Kluber/Carrasco and Kuechel/Verlander are going to make up for some great pitching match ups.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

I like the guy who plays hard on both ends of the court.

I like the guy who puts teammates above himself.

I like the guy who values winning over getting a pretty statline.

I like the guy who puts his body on the line to win and actually takes charges.

I like the guy who doesn't constantly take every second he can to whine about his contract.

You like the guy who does the opposite, and you're welcome to enjoy that.

How does IT not put his teammates above himself? His sister committed suicide and instead of grieving and being UNDERSTANDABLY selfish in that time, he instead didn't miss a single damn game. Then the dude played hurt because he wanted to help his team and wound up doing serious damage to his hip putting himself on the line. You are out of line on most of this. 

You want to talk about his contract talk? Fine. You want to talk about his defensive effort? Fine. You are out of line on all the rest. 

I don't know what to make of this Red Sox team. They have stretches where they look like a WS Contender and are rolling, and then they have stretches like now where they look terrible. For this team, it's really going to come down to their timely hitting. Since they lack power in their lineup, they need to be able to string together innings where they have timely hitting. When they slump, like they are right now, they're god awful with RISP.

Rodriguez needs to pick them up tonight. He can't go out there and have a stinker or else Fister is going to seriously be considered in the post season over him, which I can't believe I'm actually typing.

4 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I don't know what to make of this Red Sox team.

Not yet is what I make. They need some of the young guys to be more consistent and grow into their role. We can't rely on the dream of Mookie becoming a perennial MVP candidate 

Archived