Boston Sports Thread

I_GET_SAX

In terms of basketball product, I think IT is the much better fit. I think he's the better player right now, as well. I understand Kyrie is just reaching his prime, but I wouldn't make the trade. It's too much on the Cs side for no improvement.

Nunez and Devers look like they could be potential spark plugs for this offense. If Mookie and Xander could get it going, we could potentially see this team turn it around.

With the Reed acquisition:

• Kimbrel
  • Reed (8th)
  • Workman- what a surprise he's been. I remember last year post TJ he could hardly hit 88MPH. He's been great and I'd prefer to see him leverage situations instead of Barnes.
  • Barnes
  • Kelly
  • Abad

So when Kelly comes back, I think you'd either have to DFA Boyer or Hembree who I believe are both out of options. If they could get Smith back by 9/1, that would be HUGE.

This Red Sox team, for whatever reason, cannot figure out the Yankees. Last nights loss was terrible. Bases loaded, Chapman literally couldn't find the strike zone and Nunez tries to tag on a fly to left. Stupid, stupid base running. It's been like that all season.

have to win the next 2 and prove you can beat them in a series. Severino is a tough task, but Pomeranz has been great this season. Then Sale Sunday night. 

I have not had a good experience with Reed yet. I havent had a ton of time to watch games since he's been in Boston, but I saw his debut in which he gave up the long ball and I saw last night which was probably one of the worst pitching performances I have seen in a long time. Why did we go get this guy again?

Archived