I_GET_SAX

Boston Sports Thread

41 posts in this topic

Deadpulse    58

Alex Speier of the Boston Globe reports that relief prospects Jamie Callahan, Gerson Bautista, and Stephen Nogosek are headed to New York.

Troy Brown    0

In terms of basketball product, I think IT is the much better fit. I think he's the better player right now, as well. I understand Kyrie is just reaching his prime, but I wouldn't make the trade. It's too much on the Cs side for no improvement.

Nunez and Devers look like they could be potential spark plugs for this offense. If Mookie and Xander could get it going, we could potentially see this team turn it around.

With the Reed acquisition:

• Kimbrel
  • Reed (8th)
  • Workman- what a surprise he's been. I remember last year post TJ he could hardly hit 88MPH. He's been great and I'd prefer to see him leverage situations instead of Barnes.
  • Barnes
  • Kelly
  • Abad

So when Kelly comes back, I think you'd either have to DFA Boyer or Hembree who I believe are both out of options. If they could get Smith back by 9/1, that would be HUGE.

Deadpulse    58

Crazy game. It seems like every time I see Vasquez in the line up he comes up big. 

I was at the game. Probably the game of the year. Went from potentially one of the worst losses to the best win.

Deadpulse    58

Has anyone bought a Nunes shirt yet? Man is on fire, already producing more statistically for the Sox than he did the Giants all season xD

Deadpulse    58
32 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

^ Orlando Cabrera-esque spark plug.

Heres hoping the ending is the same. His addition has really ignited all the bats in the line up. Him and Devers. All this without Dustin in the lineup too. 

This Red Sox team, for whatever reason, cannot figure out the Yankees. Last nights loss was terrible. Bases loaded, Chapman literally couldn't find the strike zone and Nunez tries to tag on a fly to left. Stupid, stupid base running. It's been like that all season.

have to win the next 2 and prove you can beat them in a series. Severino is a tough task, but Pomeranz has been great this season. Then Sale Sunday night. 

I_GET_SAX    8

E Rod pitched very well too. I saw a stat yesterday about us having the best BP ERA in league and then hours later Reed chokes away a bunch of runs.

Deadpulse    58

I have not had a good experience with Reed yet. I havent had a ton of time to watch games since he's been in Boston, but I saw his debut in which he gave up the long ball and I saw last night which was probably one of the worst pitching performances I have seen in a long time. Why did we go get this guy again?

dhunt2402    5

So frustrating to watch Matt Barnes blow Sale's gem. Offense isn't doing anything granted but this is just torture.