Boston Sports Thread

I_GET_SAX

1 hour ago, Starless said:

Is it too soon to compare him to Buchholz?

Although I had low expectations for Price, they have never been as low as mine were for Bucholz. I wrote off Bucholz very early. Price has at least done stuff before.

6 hours ago, dhunt2402 said:

Celtics.

Keep sleepin' on Stevens and co. Reminds me of the early day Patriots. Because they aren't quote-unquote "as talented" they constantly get doubted. I said it before the series, the fact that they were +450 to win the series was outrageous. Straight disrespect. 

The Sixers have this 19-game regular season win streak (primarily against tanking teams at the end of the season) and beat the trash Miami Heat, and everyone acts like they're this unstoppable force. They forgot Brad Stevens. They forgot about home-court. They forgot the Celtics actually play defense.

The fact that this team adds Kyrie + Irving next season...I am already giddy. Plus MORE future picks (Kings and Grizzlies are going to be trash), it's just unfair. I'm interested to see how Danny attacks this off-season; specifically Terry and Smart. Does he sell high on Terry? Give Smart the money he deserves? Pretty damn clear how valuable Smart is to this team.

Bring on Lebron.

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Keep sleepin' on Stevens and co. Reminds me of the early day Patriots. Because they aren't quote-unquote "as talented" they constantly get doubted. I said it before the series, the fact that they were +450 to win the series was outrageous. Straight disrespect. 

The Sixers have this 19-game regular season win streak (primarily against tanking teams at the end of the season) and beat the trash Miami Heat, and everyone acts like they're this unstoppable force. They forgot Brad Stevens. They forgot about home-court. They forgot the Celtics actually play defense.

The fact that this team adds Kyrie + Irving next season...I am already giddy. Plus MORE future picks (Kings and Grizzlies are going to be trash), it's just unfair. I'm interested to see how Danny attacks this off-season; specifically Terry and Smart. Does he sell high on Terry? Give Smart the money he deserves? Pretty damn clear how valuable Smart is to this team.

Bring on Lebron.

Thinking the same. Rozier gets traded for some wing depth and Smart gets extended.

Celtics get a wing in the trade. Other than that you have Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Horford as your starting 5. Smart as 6th man and backup for PG/SG. You get a backup SF and have Morris and Baynes to round out the bench for next year.

Do you guys do this hypothetical trade? I can't decide.

Brown, Rozier, Morris, 1st Rd (MEM), cap filler for Kawhi

I truly think the team as it is now is a legitimate championship contender in 1-2 years. But do you pass on the opportunity to get a top 10 player and perennial DPOY candidate in his prime?. The obvious risk with Leonard is whatever the hell this year was, but assuming they can figure out his quad and are happy with the medical is this a trade you do? I think if they can guarantee re-signing Smart I would ultimately do it. Considering Rozier is likely gone after next year if he isn't traded before then (no way he passes on a chance to start elsewhere even if we match the money), Morris is replaceable, and it still leaves us with 3 first rounders in 2019, including a likely top 5 ish pick from Sacramento. Assuming Anthony Davis is off limits for the next few years, and I certainly don't see Giannis going anywhere, I think Kawhi is the clear guy target this offseason and I could definitely see it happening. Tatum would be a dealbreaker for me tho, as much as losing Jaylen would hurt I think it's clear which of those two should be untouchable.

Jaylen Brown is blossoming right before our eyes and it's great to see.

Said it all year, the Cavs are just different this year. You can't fix their defensive issues, they're old and slow. They're not going to contain Lebron every game this series like they did yesterday, but the Celtics have a ton of mismatches.

The Celtics are the better team.

On 5/10/2018 at 6:26 PM, dhunt2402 said:

Do you guys do this hypothetical trade? I can't decide.

I truly think the team as it is now is a legitimate championship contender in 1-2 years. But do you pass on the opportunity to get a top 10 player and perennial DPOY candidate in his prime?. The obvious risk with Leonard is whatever the hell this year was, but assuming they can figure out his quad and are happy with the medical is this a trade you do? I think if they can guarantee re-signing Smart I would ultimately do it. Considering Rozier is likely gone after next year if he isn't traded before then (no way he passes on a chance to start elsewhere even if we match the money), Morris is replaceable, and it still leaves us with 3 first rounders in 2019, including a likely top 5 ish pick from Sacramento. Assuming Anthony Davis is off limits for the next few years, and I certainly don't see Giannis going anywhere, I think Kawhi is the clear guy target this offseason and I could definitely see it happening. Tatum would be a dealbreaker for me tho, as much as losing Jaylen would hurt I think it's clear which of those two should be untouchable.

I'd probably do it if Kawhi didn't choose to sit out the year. Brown is hungry. I don't respect Kawhi anymore. 

13 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I'd probably do it if Kawhi didn't choose to sit out the year. Brown is hungry. I don't respect Kawhi anymore. 

Plus 1-year left on his contract? No thanks.

2-0 series lead tonight I can feel it. LFG

Archived