Boston Sports Thread

I_GET_SAX

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He's a Sox killer though

He's a sore loser with a lot of attention being put on him after kicking the Brewers first basement. The pressure will affect him at some point in this World Series and the Sox will be even more motivated to strike him out given his history. If the Dodgers get behind, Machado will already have his sights set to New York and mail it in I predict. And regardless of what Machado has done in the past to the Red Sox, I'm not worried about it right now after beating the Astros.

Beating the Astros is no small feat, but I feel like a lot of those games could have EASILY gone the other way. The fan interference, the Benny catch in game 4, etc. In all honesty the ALCS should really still be going if not for some amazing plays in the outfield. Credit to them obviously, but we can't rely on that going in against an, IMO, more potent line up. The Dodgers have miraculously similar team batting stats to the Astros except one that really sticks out. They have 142 more total bases. More HRs, more doubles, more triples. They dont have to string as many hits together as the Astros do to score runs. The Sox pitching staff was able to work around quite a few baserunners in the ALCS, I think the Dodgers are much more likely to turn them into runs. They are a slightly tougher matchup than the Astros IMO. Hopefully making 37 more mistakes in the field than Houston comes into play.

Archived