Boston Sports Thread

I_GET_SAX

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

The fan interference

I can understand the people asking if his glove was over but the people making the excuse that "we don't know if he would've caught it" are just mindbogglingly stupid. It was clearly going right in his glove.

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

meanwhile im still sitting here nervous lol

How can you be nervous with the best bullpen in postseason history out there?? ;) 

I think if they get Game 3 tomorrow they start Pomeranz Game 4 and end it there. Or whatever Cora wants, that guy can do no wrong rn.

On 10/17/2018 at 4:30 PM, Deadpulse said:

Nah, they will just go for the next overpriced starter on the market. 

No they won't lol. I get that Price hasn't lived up to his contract expectations (I don't think he was ever going to in Red Sox fan's eyes) but they 1) desperately needed a SP after the Lester debacle and 2) he's been one of the better pitchers in the AL when healthy. Not to mention, his last two starts in the post season have made the contract worth it in my eyes.

I think their off-season plan is pretty cut and dry, or at least, it should be. Bring back Eovaldi, and Kelly. Extend Bogaerts. Let Kimbrel walk if his price tag gets out of control. If they can't get Eovaldi back, I'd look to for another mid-range starter; my next target would be Morton.

7 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

No they won't lol. I get that Price hasn't lived up to his contract expectations (I don't think he was ever going to in Red Sox fan's eyes) but they 1) desperately needed a SP after the Lester debacle and 2) he's been one of the better pitchers in the AL when healthy. Not to mention, his last two starts in the post season have made the contract worth it in my eyes.

I think their off-season plan is pretty cut and dry, or at least, it should be. Bring back Eovaldi, and Kelly. Extend Bogaerts. Let Kimbrel walk if his price tag gets out of control. If they can't get Eovaldi back, I'd look to for another mid-range starter; my next target would be Morton.

Someone is gonna give Nate the great a massive contract. Could be us if Price opts out. But as incredible as he's been (Kelly too), I think the front office will be careful not to pay too much of a premium on multiple guys with consistency issues. I think Kimbrel is gone, it looks like he's fixed whatever was going on (thx Gagne) but I think they need to prioritize locking the core down over re-signing Kimbrel, starting with X. See how Durbin Feldman looks in spring training, if not I'm fine with Barnes to start the season there.

7 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Perfectly said. And to add to this, it would be nice to see Kinsler and Pearce re-signed. Let Nuñez walk. If you need another infielder, Pedroia comes back in all likelihood it seems plus you can target utility guy from the Astros who Cora worked with in Marwin Gonzalez. Kimbrel walks most likely which I'd be absolutely fine with if they replace him with Jake Deikman. Deik is the one pitch I'd like to see play on this Sox team next year.

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

If Boston loses the WS, its squarely on the ridiculous decision not to int walk Puig with the lead and an open base. Cora has been spot on almost all post-season, but that move made no sense to me. 

I get not wanting to put the winning run on base. But you have to have faith in the guy who's been your most lights out pitcher to be able to get Austin Barnes to win the game.

Ultimately he still was able to get Puig though. Can't believe Kinsler choked, he had time.

Archived