Boston Sports Thread

I_GET_SAX

Assuming the Red Sox hang on and make the post season, they have some interesting playoff roster decisions ahead.

Starters:

Game 1: Sale

Game 2: Pomeranz

That's set in stone. Then a tough call between games 3 and 4...Fister's been hot outside of last night. Porcello next? Rodriguez? I think I'd go Porcello, Fister.

The pen is where it gets interesting:

Kimbrel, Reed, Workman, Kelly, are locks. If Price is healthy, do you add him instead of Rodriguez? Has Carson Smith shown enough to beat out Barnes. Has Maddox earned a spot? The last couple bullpen pieces are going to be tough calls.

I'd go, if Price is healthy:

Rotation: Sale, Pomeranz, Porcello, Fister
Bullpen: Kimbrel, Reed, Kelly, Workman, Scott, Smith, Price
Starters: Vazquez, Moreland, Pedroia, Bogaerts, Devers, Benintendi, Bradley, Betts, Ramirez
Bench: Leon, Nunez, Holt, Davis, Young.

I'd love to see Nunez (if healthy) start of Xander but I can't see Farrell actually doing that.

21 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Brock Holt better not be on the playoff roster. Never want to see him again in a Sox uniform 

Tough to see him being back for 2018. Arbitration-eligible and after the season he's had, and with the bevy of options the team has to replace him, I don't think the team will tender him.

14 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Part of me wants Price to be named a playoff starter and then just get walloped with 10 runs in 2 innings.  

Ideally, Red Sox win the WS with Price being garbage the entire way.

Why would you want Price to do poorly? Seems like a weird thing to say if you're a fan of the team 

Pretty dumb move by Farrell letting Sale go back out for 8th (thought he should have even been pulled in the 7th) with that big of a lead. The guy has already pitched a career high in innings, and you have a large roster with September. Perfect opportunity last night to get Price some work last night.

37 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I'd say 10% of your posts are just taking meaningless troll shots at me because I destroyed you in that forum GM game.... 6 years ago.

Bruh, I have no idea what you're talking about.

And most of your posting history can be summed up with this gif: 
3f84c0605879033.gif

Okay so who are the 3rd and 4th starters in the playoffs? E-Rod made a strong case with this outing but he's never pitched in the postseason and has been up and down this year. Could realistically make a case for any 2 of him, Porcello, Price and Fister, but just as easily make one against any of them.

Archived