Boston Sports Thread

I_GET_SAX

1 minute ago, dhunt2402 said:

So frustrating to watch Matt Barnes blow Sale's gem. Offense isn't doing anything granted but this is just torture.

This seems to be the issue since the trade deadline. Unless the offense is fire, the relief pitching cant seem to hold down a lead smaller than 4 runs. 

I've said this all season...Matt Barnes should not be used in high leverage scenarios. Last night was the exact reason this team went out and acquired Addison Reed, and he doesn't get used by Farrell in the 8th. I don't care about the other night. Reed or Workman should be used in those scenarios over Barnes every. single. time. 

Rafael Devers is the real deal. Takes a 103MPH fast ball the other way to tie the game. Would have been a terrible loss and he saves Farrell's behind. Also, have a series Benny!

I've never seen a player more over-hyped than how Aaron Judge was during the first half of the season. He had an incredible first half, no ones denying that. But the fact that people were calling him "the face of baseball" and people preferred him over Mookie Betts, just laughable. He has holes in his game (he should, he's young) ie. the strikeouts.

I think my favorite part of the second half of baseball is Aaron Judge falling ever so unceremoniously back down to earth. Also love that he hasnt done much of anything against the Sox. 

What a hit by Devers though. At 103, you know that man was just guessing and guessed right, but so so impressive anyways. I am getting excited and it scares me lol

Devers is a special player. Six home runs already. Remember when Sandoval was our third basemen? Lol. His piece in the players tribune was gag worthy.

Brandon Workman continues to impress and should be used in higher leverage situations. His rebound and creating a role for himself as a reliever has been super impressive. I remember when he was rehabbing in Fort Myers last year and could hardly hit 88 on the gun. Now has a 1.87(!) era.

Phst Devers can hit as many HR's as he wants, if it does not equate to a win Sox nation wont care. This fan base needs late game heroes and playoff heroes. Those are the guys remembered in Boston. He needs more like the one against the Yanks

On 8/14/2017 at 7:26 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

I've said this all season...Matt Barnes should not be used in high leverage scenarios. Last night was the exact reason this team went out and acquired Addison Reed, and he doesn't get used by Farrell in the 8th. I don't care about the other night. Reed or Workman should be used in those scenarios over Barnes every. single. time. 

Rafael Devers is the real deal. Takes a 103MPH fast ball the other way to tie the game. Would have been a terrible loss and he saves Farrell's behind. Also, have a series Benny!

I've never seen a player more over-hyped than how Aaron Judge was during the first half of the season. He had an incredible first half, no ones denying that. But the fact that people were calling him "the face of baseball" and people preferred him over Mookie Betts, just laughable. He has holes in his game (he should, he's young) ie. the strikeouts.

I think about this every time I watch a game.  Barnes's FIP and K rates look great because he can strike out the side when you're up 6 runs.  Farrell's pitching him based on "stuff" rather than actual production.  I would 10/10 trust Workman over him right now.  

The Red Sox are rolling and seem to be clicking at the right time (knock on wood). Hell of a win last night.

Hanley should not be batting clean-up or high in the order anymore. I don't care if he has power. He's been god awful with RISP, sees no pitches and the majority of the time has terrible ABs. Don't want to put too much pressure on Debers, but he should be moved up.

29 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

The Red Sox are rolling and seem to be clicking at the right time (knock on wood). Hell of a win last night.

Hanley should not be batting clean-up or high in the order anymore. I don't care if he has power. He's been god awful with RISP, sees no pitches and the majority of the time has terrible ABs. Don't want to put too much pressure on Debers, but he should be moved up.

I think hitting Hanley 6th is ideal. My order would be Nunez, Pedy, Betts, Benny, Devers, Hanley, Xander, JBJ, Catcher. Problem there is it would mean Ramirez plays 1st a lot. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:36 PM, Deadpulse said:

HUGE NEWS

Insane deal. I was pretty negative on it until I listened to the Ringers emergency broadcast list all the teams that will be interested in tanking, and how the Brooklyn pick could be pick 8 and essentially valueless, so we could have a trade that is pick 5-10, Ante Zizic, Crowder and IT for Kyrie. I like Kyrie's upside more but it is a scary deal.

Archived