Best midrange teams of NBA Past

PJay

Nowadays, the Rockets and Warriors always shoot the 3, no matter who it is, at a high rate.

Looking at past NBA teams, talk about teams that always was about the midrange game, no matter the player. Not just having one player like Reggie Miller or Rip Hamilton shooting the midrange shot, I mean the whole team was a Midrange jump shooting team. No matter who it is, the team always took midrange jumpers as frequent as today's warriors and rockets shoot the 3.

On 12/11/2017 at 12:24 PM, Tyronnosaurus said:

The Mavs with Dirk and JET was as deadly of a mid-range shooting duo in NBA history. As far as team, for 2011 the rest of those guys pretty much shot 3s, except Marion, and Butler who missed most of the season.

Butler was a good all-around player when he was out there though.

Okay you guys are young but the 1980 Mavs had Derek Harper and Rolando Blackman some say the best backcourt in the 80s at one point Rolando Blackman had a great mid-range shot Derek Harper was solid as well then they threw and Jay Vincent and Mark Aguirre , as well as  Brad Davis a Steve Nash want to be . can't believe I forgot about them but they are definitely one of the best mid-range shooting teams

On 12/13/2017 at 11:53 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Okay you guys are young but the 1980 Mavs had Derek Harper and Rolando Blackman some say the best backcourt in the 80s at one point Rolando Blackman had a great mid-range shot Derek Harper was solid as well then they threw and Jay Vincent and Mark Aguirre , as well as  Brad Davis a Steve Nash want to be . can't believe I forgot about them but they are definitely one of the best mid-range shooting teams

Good pick. They had other guys around that time that had some range too. Sam Perkins, Schrempf, and Dale Ellis. 

On another note, I liked their big men too. Tarpley and Donaldson. Not that Perkins and Schrempf weren't big men, but meh. Although Perkins really developed his 3 point shooting ability when he went to Seattle and Indiana.

8 hours ago, the lone star said:

Good pick. They had other guys around that time that had some range too. Sam Perkins, Schrempf, and Dale Ellis. 

On another note, I liked their big men too. Tarpley and Donaldson. Not that Perkins and Schrempf weren't big men, but meh. Although Perkins really developed his 3 point shooting ability when he went to Seattle and Indiana.

yeah, wow. Imagine that team never winning a title. Damn Lakers. They also had for a very short time the only player in NBA history to win a rebounding title (I think) while never starting. Roy Tarpley. The original Demarcus Cousins.

26 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

yeah, wow. Imagine that team never winning a title. Damn Lakers. They also had for a very short time the only player in NBA history to win a rebounding title (I think) while never starting. Roy Tarpley. The original Demarcus Cousins.

The NBA did Tarpley dirty, but he shouldn't have pushed them with his issues.

Archived