2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

This kid is an unbelievable blend of power and speed. I wish he had better hip flexibility (a la Laiatu Latu) and a slightly better get off (a la Chop Robinson) but still I think he's a heck of a player for our system.

Edited by G08
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 1:10 PM, HuskieBear said:

Trade 1.9 to LV for 1.13 and 2.44. LV takes JJ

I'm honestly not sure which one is more unrealistic, JJ McCarthy still being on the board at 11 or the Raiders badly overpaying to jump the Vikings.

9 hours ago, dafreak said:

Legette is legit:

I’ve given up trying to scout him cause I’m struggling to find things I hate. Short success resume I guess. But he reminds of Alshon at South Carolina. Not just the number, but size, ball skills, playing style just feels familiar. He’s clearly faster too imo. 

• Like 2

So for the trade down crowd, assuming 4 QBs, Alt, MHJ, Nabors and either a DE or Odunze is gone, who are the teams behind us looking to trade up to 9 for? The Jets pick right behind us and their needs are what, an OT or WR? Both those are deep positions this year. Bowers maybe? 

Wanting to move down is great, but it takes two. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

So for the trade down crowd, assuming 4 QBs, Alt, MHJ, Nabors and either a DE or Odunze is gone, who are the teams behind us looking to trade up to 9 for? The Jets pick right behind us and their needs are what, an OT or WR? Both those are deep positions this year. Bowers maybe? 

Wanting to move down is great, but it takes two. 

You're making a good point.  It does take two and in a draft that's deep in first round talent what are the odds anyone will overpay unless it was for J J McCarthy?

Knowing how Poles has operated in the past I believe he's circled players he'd take at #9, players he'd take if he traded back to the mid teens for a 3rd round pick, and players he'd take if trade back far enough to pick up a 2nd round pick in exchange.

He's gonna listen to offers vs what he expects to get and we can probably all admit we really don't have clue as of yet what he will do.  Only options he may have. For my part if there's a top shelf blue chip guy still there at #9 I'd prefer he take him.

• Like 1

Here's another strategy that been brought up before but is seldom discussed or debated.  Instead of trading down with #9 take the blue chip guy who should still be there.  The highest probabilities may be either Turner or Odunze and maybe an OT.

We have three picks in the first two rounds in 2025 and so far at least two 6th round picks one of which may become a 4th.  If a player Poles has a much higher grade on slips into the 2nd I'd like to see him prepared to trade a 2025 pick(s) to get him.

We keep debating trading down because there are players in round two or early in round three we see as players we'd like to draft.  Instead of being caught short in this draft why not trade a future pick(s) for a guy we'd like to have now?

I have no idea about the strength of the first two days of the 2025 draft but he do know the strength of the first two days of this draft.  Every year players fall for whatever reason and teams pick up bargain.  Poles should be prepared for that.

6 hours ago, soulman said:

Here's another strategy that been brought up before but is seldom discussed or debated.  Instead of trading down with #9 take the blue chip guy who should still be there.  The highest probabilities may be either Turner or Odunze and maybe an OT.

We have three picks in the first two rounds in 2025 and so far at least two 6th round picks one of which may become a 4th.  If a player Poles has a much higher grade on slips into the 2nd I'd like to see him prepared to trade a 2025 pick(s) to get him.

We keep debating trading down because there are players in round two or early in round three we see as players we'd like to draft.  Instead of being caught short in this draft why not trade a future pick(s) for a guy we'd like to have now?

I have no idea about the strength of the first two days of the 2025 draft but he do know the strength of the first two days of this draft.  Every year players fall for whatever reason and teams pick up bargain.  Poles should be prepared for that.

Not sure if thats the case, a lot of folks here are definitely in favor of grabbing one of Odunze, Verse, or Alt at 9.