2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

34 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Caleb coming in pretty much so bang on his list weight...solid numbers for him.

What I’m happy to see is the Hand size.

Although that does make me wonder what was the root cause of all the Fumbles

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Agreed. I’d be interested to see a cut up of all his fumbles to see how many are in the pocket vs. being loose with it as he runs. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Trying to do too much and holding the ball away from his body to often as far as I can see...that will need to be coached out of him but you hope with more help he won't need to try and be that superman type he was in college...

2022 he had 3 fumbles

2023 he had 8 fumbles

Beat writer for the Trojan's said the talent level in key areas (interior OL & WR) was very different from one year to the next...have to think that has at least something to do with it...

One thing is for sure...whoever the QB is we need better play from Davis and a proper center.

Couple WR impressed me with speed or ran faster than expected:

WR: Worthy, McConkey, Roman Wilson, Adonie Mitchell, Brian Thomas Jr.,  Legette

The ones that disappointed me:

Odunze (not slow at all for his size, but slower than expected, his 10 yard split however was really good), Troy Franklin (a 4.41 isn't even bad, but I expected 4.35ish), Burton, Rice, Johny Wilson

For running backs:

Positives:

Trey Benson: Man had himself a hell of a combine. Doubt he's on our radar, and he's got medical concerns after apparently a really bad knee injury in his history.... but he is elite as an athletic prospect.

Jaylen Wright: I had this guy as a potential mid rounder steal since he's kind of a "do everything back" who can catch passes.... He tested far better than I expected, and might go too early for us now. I wouldn't be upset with him in the third, but ideally we would want to make this pick in the 4th.

Isaac Guerendo: I didn't even have this kid on my radar, but he ran a 4.33 at 221lbs.... and he tested really well at every other event.... This is one of those kids you see the results and need to go deep dive the tape, he should have been absolutely dominant with that kind of atheltic profile, let alone in a wide open Louisville offense.

Disapointments:

Braellon Allen (didn't run speed, just did vertical and broad.... His broad was decent, his vert not so much.... I wanted his 40 time, 10 yard split, and 3 cone though.

Jawhar Jordan: WAY slower than I expected, I'd bump him from my board over it.

Blake Corum: All around less athletic than expected, but probably not a complete draft stock killer.

Marshawn Lloyd: All around less athletic than expected, and probably dropped him from the 4th to the 6th-udfa.