Watches

LETSGOBROWNIES

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah Rolex’s, Patek’s, etc can appreciate in value, sometime substantially.

As far as the value, many are made from precious metals (gold, platinum) or have diamonds in them.

Also it takes a lot of skilled labor to make these things. I mean, they’re just a bunch of gears and levers that track time with absurd accuracy.  Rolex for example is +2/-2 seconds per day.  That’s a pretty incredible engineering feat imo.

This is true, think of this as an investment. 

I bought it awhile back for around 10.5k, now the price is around 17k. 

I will polish it and bring it for maintenance before the end of the year and most probably keep it in the house. 

On 4/22/2019 at 7:27 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nice!

I actually think it looks fantastic on the jubilee though.

2234b9927b1338fb9084eba0bb50a45f.jpg

looks better on the new jubilee- i think this one is actually a frankenstein by a psycho who decided to go against the grain and put one on there before rolex actually did.  the new jubilee imo is at least 40% more sexy

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 12:21 PM, GHARMON9 said:

I didnt want that to come across as negative. I literally dont see the vaule so I'm asking. I might be missing something. I saw a video of an old man who bought  a watch for like 200 in the 60s and now its worth 15k or similar vaule.

the act of buying yourself something really nice cause you accomplished something is pretty dope.  plus it looks great.

software engineer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took the plunge and got my first decent watch about a year ago - the (Quartz) Tag Heuer Formula 1. It was the worst thing I've ever done ...

... Because I am obsessed with it and now want more expensive watches than the one I have.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 9:16 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

I took the plunge and got my first decent watch about a year ago - the (Quartz) Tag Heuer Formula 1. It was the worst thing I've ever done ...

... Because I am obsessed with it and now want more expensive watches than the one I have.

once you buy your first rolex you'll sell all the others and live with that rolex in happiness
or just continue to buy rolexes

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

How do I know which battery to buy for the watch linked in the video below?  It's my cousin's watch and I absolutely cannot find a replacement watch, so I figured I would replace the battery with a new one.  They changed the battery at the mall a long time ago, but I died pretty quickly.  I'd like to buy a pack of watch batteries and probably a tool that will help me get into the back of the watch.  Can anyone here link me from Amazon, the battery needed and the tool?  Here's the watch... same model, but his is white.

• 2 weeks later...