Watches

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

dont buy an IWC imo - if u ever get sick of it it will not hold value.  stowa makes some dope pilot watches and are a 1/4 of the cost

Probably wouldn’t buy one, but the bronze case and in-house movement for sub 7 is pretty killer.

Agree on the resale though, you take a hit on most of their models.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Probably wouldn’t buy one, but the bronze case and in-house movement for sub 7 is pretty killer.

Agree on the resale though, you take a hit on most of their models.

i like the tudor bronze black bay... considered picking up one of those but i figured not the best idea- i have allergic reactions to my brass rings

theres a panerai bronze watch thats pretty dope but im never buying a panerai again

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

i like the tudor bronze black bay... considered picking up one of those but i figured not the best idea- i have allergic reactions to my brass rings

theres a panerai bronze watch thats pretty dope but im never buying a panerai again

You talking about the submersible?  

I cant see spending 25k on a Panerai 😂 

Which model did/do you have?

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You talking about the submersible?  

I cant see spending 25k on a Panerai 😂 

Which model did/do you have?

had the https://www.panerai.com/en/collections/watch-collection/radiomir/pam00610-radiomir-8-days---45mm.html

but i had to get it serviced eraly cause it didnt keep time right ugh was a hassle.  not very well made watches.  i think im tudor/rolex if i ever buy another one.  maybe a blancpain 

real talk tho i still want a g shock

8 minutes ago, mistakey said:

That’s sharp.

but i had to get it serviced eraly cause it didnt keep time right ugh was a hassle.  not very well made watches.  i think im tudor/rolex if i ever buy another one.  maybe a blancpain 

Love what Tudor’s been doing, especially the GMT.

I want a Rolex sports watch, but the prices are getting absurd.

real talk tho i still want a g shock

I have one they’re great.  It was like 70 bucks and it’s bombproof, legit can’t break the thing.  Bought one for my oldest too and he likes it.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

Are you guys really spending 6k on watches?

Some of them are, some much more.  That Batman I just pictured is going for nearly 3x that right now. 

Help me understand the value in spending that type of cash on watches.

I have to Fossils (150$ and one for 60$) and a Michael Kors (for 125$)

Well pretty clearly it’s not about just having something that tells the time.

Theyre jewelry for men, an investment (if you buy the right stuff), something that can last decades and be passed down to your kids.

I mean, using your logic why even spend a couple hundred on a watch when you can get a Timex for $30?   Or better yet, just use your phone.

Most importantly what are yalls professions??  

I’m an RN.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Some of them are, some much more.  That Batman I just pictured is going for nearly 3x that right now. 

Well pretty clearly it’s not about just having something that tells the time.

Theyre jewelry for men, an investment (if you buy the right stuff), something that can last decades and be passed down to your kids.

I mean, using your logic why even spend a couple hundred on a watch when you can get a Timex for $30?   Or better yet, just use your phone.

I’m an RN.

I didnt want that to come across as negative. I literally dont see the vaule so I'm asking. I might be missing something. I saw a video of an old man who bought  a watch for like 200 in the 60s and now its worth 15k or similar vaule.

21 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I didnt want that to come across as negative. I literally dont see the vaule so I'm asking. I might be missing something. I saw a video of an old man who bought  a watch for like 200 in the 60s and now its worth 15k or similar vaule.

Yeah Rolex’s, Patek’s, etc can appreciate in value, sometime substantially.

As far as the value, many are made from precious metals (gold, platinum) or have diamonds in them.

Also it takes a lot of skilled labor to make these things. I mean, they’re just a bunch of gears and levers that track time with absurd accuracy.  Rolex for example is +2/-2 seconds per day.  That’s a pretty incredible engineering feat imo.