Watches

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Oh, good, I thought you had a legitimate reason.  Anybody with a brain knows that the more often you look at the time, the slower time goes by. 

Spoken like someone who has never been to a meeting. 

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To be fair, not everyone needs a watch.

Im sure horizon's pimp let's him know when the hour's up, no need to burden himself with such responsibilities.

:;

I like that we've come so far as a website that you can post crap like this, it really is inspirational. 

I also like to think TLO and I had a large role in making that happen.  

• Like 3

Lol I used to think watches were pointless.
Then I grew up, got a job, and found myself in places where it'd be inappropriate to pull out a cellphone, or in setting where I needed to keep my phone off.

I really like the MVMT watches that some people have already posted here. They're simple, cheap, and look great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Lol I used to think watches were pointless.
Then I grew up, got a job, and found myself in places where it'd be inappropriate to pull out a cellphone, or in setting where I needed to keep my phone off.

I really like the MVMT watches that some people have already posted here. They're simple, cheap, and look great.

There are some really great automatic options too that have the heritage and horological component that some people like that aren't much more than fashion watches.

Seiko's for example are commonly found for $150-$300 and are really nice pieces that even watch snobs will appreciate.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There are some really great automatic options too that have the heritage and horological component that some people like that aren't much more than fashion watches.

Seiko's for example are commonly found for $150-$300 and are really nice pieces that even watch snobs will appreciate.

Yeah Seikos are def solid.  I own a couple and rotate with much pricier watches.

Only issue I’ve found is cheap feeling bracelets (in comparison to Swiss).  But you can go after market there for cheap.

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@mistakey that IWC on the mesh is gorgeous!

Been looking into these as a way to scratch the itch without having to pay for a divorce lawyer too lol

1521-026-BLR-9.jpg?1439302568

oof that looks nice.  how much is it? makes me want a submariner on a milanese bracelet but i talked with a salesperson from tourneau--- rolex is getting really weird and wont change the bracelets for you except for the O.G. bracelet style it came on

15 minutes ago, mistakey said:

oof that looks nice.  how much is it? makes me want a submariner on a milanese bracelet but i talked with a salesperson from tourneau--- rolex is getting really weird and wont change the bracelets for you except for the O.G. bracelet style it came on

$950 watch, $150 extra for the mesh bracelet.