Browns QB situation can be fixed easily

SpanosPayYourRent

I feel like the browns are not getting it to there heads, drafting a QB don’t work he needs mentoring I mean some of these QBs make Jim Couch look good and he’s named after a sofa, well I mean we got Goff. But anyway I think they need to try and get Teddy Bridewater in FA and draft a WR in later rounds while in earlier rounds improving there OL

36 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I no, rite?    I had four 90+ rated QBs on my Madden Ultimate team!!1!   Its liek, so eazy!!!!!    We shood be Browns GM!!!  Okay, off to eat my Fruity Pebbls!!  gnite!!!!

Well Played. That was seriously my very same reaction to this.

edit: And OP, Teddy is not a franchise QB either. In fact, he would be worse in Cleveland. Don't buy the hype.

I feel like they aren't trying to address it the way you would think most teams would. Yes the cupboard was empty but eventually you keep having these really high picks and need to spend 1 on a QB. Yes if a franchise QB isn't there then so be it but Went and Goff both playing well sucks even if they only had a shot at 1. I think spending 2nd/3rd round picks on them for a few years isn't any good for the team either. Would be nice to bring in a veteran and stop wasting picks on mid round QBs. 

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Bridgewater isn't a free agent. He's also not that good.

Teddy was pretty good at managing the game. His bulk stats are underwhelming but he was efficient. He showed some progress until the knee injury.

I don't know what to expect out of him. He's going to be rusty but ready to prove himself.

I think if he was compensated well he'd go to Cleveland. He may have not originally felt welcomed there but money talks and he should make as much as he possibly can.

The Browns are under the spell of a horrible lie that because getting a QB high is risky they should never try for one because they will not have the pieces around him for him to succeed. So they should only take reaches like Manziel and Kizer later in the draft and maybe hope someone falls into their lap in free agency.

Until they realize that a guy like Watson, Goff or Wentz would have drastically covered up some of their deficiencies while they built everything else up, they won't get anywhere. Maybe they someday will have someone with a brain who can build a good team, but then they'll be in the purgatory the Texans were without being able to find a QB to compliment a pretty good team. Only unfortunately the Browns won't be lucky enough to have a team as inept as them to pass on a guy like Watson and let him fall that far.

Archived