Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Every team that does not make the super bowl always has problems. Look at the eagles and bills this year. Heck how about the cowboys. The Jets are like a lot of other teams. Look at Arizona, they thought they had it all in Murray and Kingsbury but that blew up too. I would have liked to see Saleh or Hackett get fired but that did not happen. I don't think the Jets are far off from a great team. They have almost all the horses to win but the coaching is down right awful. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Every team that does not make the super bowl always has problems. Look at the eagles and bills this year. Heck how about the cowboys. The Jets are like a lot of other teams. Look at Arizona, they thought they had it all in Murray and Kingsbury but that blew up too. I would have liked to see Saleh or Hackett get fired but that did not happen. I don't think the Jets are far off from a great team. They have almost all the horses to win but the coaching is down right awful. 

The Jets have the longest running playoff drought in major American sports, let’s not downplay their ineptitude. We are not like the Bills or Cowboys.

The worst takeaway from this, is Saleh needed to get WOODY JOHNSONS blessing to play the young guys. If there is even a shred of truth to that, we’re doomed.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

The Jets have the longest running playoff drought in major American sports, let’s not downplay their ineptitude. We are not like the Bills or Cowboys.

The worst takeaway from this, is Saleh needed to get WOODY JOHNSONS blessing to play the young guys. If there is even a shred of truth to that, we’re doomed.

This playoff drought is just bad luck and you had Brady winning the AFC east for the last 20 years. The Bills have never won a Super Bowl so there not that good of a franchise in my eyes. Heck the Jets where in the AFC championship games twice in the last 15-20 years. Dallas has not been in the NFC Championship game since 1995. My point is the Jets are not as bad as people make them out to be when you compare them to the rest of the NFL teams. 

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Last time the media posted a story like this Boyle was identified as the rat and cut within hours. This time looks like it was Hogan

This whole team needs to be torn apart and rebuilt I have no faith that we’ll do anything as long as JD/Saleh/Rodgers are at the forefront tbh

• Like 1

ON THE ATHLETIC PIECE:

I think the New York media is 85% toxic which is a pretty arbitrary percentage but just to put into perspective, they typically love to stir the pot. The writers from the athletic are usually pretty decent. Diani Rossi and Zach Rosenblatt in particular are two of the better journalists that are in touch with the team. A lot of what was reported just seems too blatantly obvious to be completely fabricated. I think Saleh is a good man and emphasizes a good amount of positivity to his players, but ultimately his message isn't going far enough and his football acumen is dominated solely by one side of the ball and next to nothing with managing the game. If you are the owner, you would be wise to replace him with a good NFL veteran whose won super bowls and has carved out a solid resume as a HC. Mike Vrabel would be a excellent hire. If that makes Aaron upset, so be it. Was clearly not meant to be. 

I have typically been a Joe Douglas supporter. He has been aggressive when necessary, gotten decent value in trades overall and had a historically good draft because of the assets he acquired. He has to get credit for the picks. Saying they fell to his lap is lazy. Every player you draft falls to your lap. He hit on the first 4 picks of that draft. It was excellent. He has tried to fix the OL situation countless times as well and the unit has been destroyed by health. The one FA OL that the fans were screaming for has ironically stayed healthy but has played horrifically. I think Douglas has an idea, hes far from clueless but when you just dont have any success it is hard not to clean house. He has definitely made this roster better, but not getting to the playoffs is not going to get you far. I would still let him hire another HC as it stands, but if we decide to just tear it down, I am not that upset about it either. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

ON THE ATHLETIC PIECE:

If you are the owner, you would be wise to replace him with a good NFL veteran whose won super bowls and has carved out a solid resume as a HC. Mike Vrabel would be a excellent hire. If that makes Aaron upset, so be it. Was clearly not meant to be. 

Saleh to Vrable would at most be a lateral move.

Yeah, Saleh is one-sided but he's really good at his one side. The whole reason the offense was crap was because we hired Hackett to woo Rodgers, who wanted Hackett so that he would have an OC he could override (didn't need the Atlantic to tell me that either).

Rodgers going down took our season down. QBs matter. OL matters. We had neither.

Could we have salvaged Zach with a better OC? Maybe, but would you have rather tried a new OC + Zach/Carr/Jimmy G, or a bad OC + Rodgers? I'm still voting Rodgers.

Ahead of a Week 11 game against the Bills, the Jets went younger, reducing playing time for veterans like tight end C.J. Uzomah, running back Dalvin Cook, Cobb and Lazard in favor of younger players and rookies, like sixth-round running back Israel Abanikanda, fourth-round tackle Carter Warren, undrafted receivers Jason Brownlee and Xavier Gipson and second-year tight end Jeremy Ruckert. The approach was approved by Johnson

we will be hard pressed to ever get a decent coach in here if they need to get approval by a Johnson brother on who they can play on game day