Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

17 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm happy for Hardman. Jets didn't try to use him at all. 

He had two good plays to remember.  Love his deep catch between two defenders.  I wonder what our deep threat would look like if Rodgers still played.  Stupid timing.

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Just put my bet on the Jets to win the super bowl. i know dumb bet but I do it ever year. +2500. Just threw away a 100 bucks lol. 

Wow, you really hate money don’t you? When two more 0’s are added to line I’ll think about it. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 10:59 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Chiefs are the best coached and disciplined team in the league. San Fran too many penalties and mistakes, they should have won. 

Jets are one of the worst coached and least disciplined teams in the league. Rodgers isn’t saving us. 

Both your points i agree, just look at Joe Flacco, he was always a good QB with Baltimore, even won a SB, in his later years he was traded to the Jets, did nothing with the Jets, & we traded him to the Browns, where he played five games and average over 300 yards per game & became COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR for 2023. And got the Browns into the playoffs. So, you tell me how bad the Jets COACHING STAFF is. And Woody says there will no changes with the Jets coaching staff. 

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll be back posting on here guys when the NFL new year starts here in like a month. That's if guys from other teams don't banbard our forum.

Great to hear from you, hope you and your family had no health problems. So many times, i keep asking the other guys on our board WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO BOBBY 816 and all i got was smart *** answer.

On 2/12/2024 at 10:51 AM, xrade said:

So the Jets are changing uniforms.  That has to be the missing piece.  Woody is a ******* genius.  SB 59 is now ours.

The uniforms from 2019-2023 were beyond awful. The worst era of Jets football. Ugly jerseys, awful teams. I'm glad they are burning them.

The legacy white uniforms were clean. I am excited to see the green and black ones in April. 

On 2/12/2024 at 3:10 PM, jetfuel34 said:

Just put my bet on the Jets to win the super bowl. i know dumb bet but I do it ever year. +2500. Just threw away a 100 bucks lol. 

Geez, every year? I hope you are under 30.

:) 

Also, regarding the uniforms, I don't want a black "third jersey" or whatever. That is not the Jets, Green and White is. I just bought a green Gardner jersey this year when I went to Vegas, so naturally they will be changing uniforms! LOL  That said, I am happy for change. I am still hoping that one day we can see our current Jets players wearing what Freeman McNeil wore (like my avatar), permanently. A man can dream.

Last point about Eric Bieniemy. I could understand not bringing him in, but the solution is to make Robert Saleh an offensive guy??? 

Edited by Jag68Sid87

On 2/12/2024 at 4:22 PM, JetsandI said:

He had two good plays to remember.  Love his deep catch between two defenders.  I wonder what our deep threat would look like if Rodgers still played.  Stupid timing.

Every once in a while, I wonder if our WR core was as bad as they looked. How are you supposed to look good when you have a bad QB who is always rushed and questionable coaches? I hate the fact that everything is on Rodgers' shoulders. If he fails, literally everyone is getting fired. 

23 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll be back posting on here guys when the NFL new year starts here in like a month. That's if guys from other teams don't banbard our forum.

As long as the Jests don't pull another PR stunt like getting AR, we should be good.

18 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Last point about Eric Bieniemy. I could understand not bringing him in, but the solution is to make Robert Saleh an offensive guy??? 

I think the point of that was to get Saleh more involved on the O and just let Ulbrich handle the D.  Saleh is not going to be some O wizard but just getting more involved.  Maybe even allow him to hire an Offensive assistant who will be the defacto OC.  I get the feeling no one in the Jets FO or Saleh trusts Hackett.  He is only here to appease HIM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I think the point of that was to get Saleh more involved on the O and just let Ulbrich handle the D.  Saleh is not going to be some O wizard but just getting more involved.  Maybe even allow him to hire an Offensive assistant who will be the defacto OC.  I get the feeling no one in the Jets FO or Saleh trusts Hackett.  He is only here to appease HIM.

Yup they are looking for the right guy to come in and be the guy that runs the O but Hackett has the title.