Week 9: VIKINGS (4-4) at Falcons (4-4)

swede700

12 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Grady Jarrett tore his ACL yesterday - I feel for that guy, but it should make it easier for KO and Hall to lean on the run game a bit more. Stack another win here and get Jefferson back and we might see things become a lot easier for Hall the rest of the season with the way the offense is firing right now.

I can’t imagine leaning on the ground game is even an option at this point. We can’t run the ball, we’re lucky get a back over 3.5 yards per carry. I think you let Hall lean on the strength of this team, not its weakness; get Addison and Hockenson the ball early and often, even if it’s manufactured touches or check downs.,

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I can’t imagine leaning on the ground game is even an option at this point. We can’t run the ball, we’re lucky get a back over 3.5 yards per carry. I think you let Hall lean on the strength of this team, not its weakness; get Addison and Hockenson the ball early and often, even if it’s manufactured touches or check downs.,

Lots of short passes early for confidence.... Plus those are the playmakers 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I’m hoping that the playbook uses RPO’s and some other running concepts that make the ground game more viable. Even designed QB runs. The line is blocking well and needs to take advantage of mismatches until Hall has more time in the first team offense. KO has his work cut out for him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I’m hoping that the playbook uses RPO’s and some other running concepts that make the ground game more viable. Even designed QB runs. The line is blocking well and needs to take advantage of mismatches until Hall has more time in the first team offense. KO has his work cut out for him.

Agreed. A running attack is an inexperienced quarterbacks best friend.  The thing is, the running game can be, and should be, as creative as the passing game.  McVay and Shanahan are really good at creating a diversified rush that uses wide outs and TE's carrying the ball.  O'Connell hasn't used his creativity play calling rushes as much as he could.  I am confident that he is figuring it out this week.

31 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Agreed. A running attack is an inexperienced quarterbacks best friend.  The thing is, the running game can be, and should be, as creative as the passing game.  McVay and Shanahan are really good at creating a diversified rush that uses wide outs and TE's carrying the ball.  O'Connell hasn't used his creativity play calling rushes as much as he could.  I am confident that he is figuring it out this week.

Well sure when you can do it effectively. Watching Akers and Mattison run for 2 yards per carry doesn’t help anyone. 

9 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Or you trade for Derrick Henry...

Pipe dream, and wouldn't be doing it with an eye to extending him. But Henry and Akers would make the O-Line look a lot better.

Again, pipe dream. 

Defense has to be a priority. If Ridder starts, I trust Flores can keep him unfunctional enough to allow the offense to grind out a tough win playng to Hall's strengths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

No team has prepared for QB run game against the Vikings this year. It isn't on tape. I hope there's a package that they can install quickly this week. RPO would give them a huge advantage from a play calling perspective.

Formation them to death.

Ugh...if they hadn't given Josh Oliver so much money, they could have lured Tom Brady out of retirement, not changed the offense for him to include RPO's, won a Super Bowl and let him ride off into the sunset after reconciling with Giselle.

Kwesi ruins EVERYTHING!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Ugh...if they hadn't given Josh Oliver so much money, they could have lured Tom Brady out of retirement, not changed the offense for him to include RPO's, won a Super Bowl and let him ride off into the sunset after reconciling with Giselle.

Kwesi ruins EVERYTHING!

Well, to be fair to Kwesi, since Brady's budget is so tight, he could have cut his expenses by living in Browerville, MN with some of his relatives.  

• Like 2

I'm gonna talk up the D!   Yes, we all want Hall to succeed so the best way is to stop the other guys and get him the ball back often.   This Defense has me considering picking them up in FF; therefore, I can't - don't wanna jinx 'em!

I like the way we've limited opponents' run game the past few weeks, but we need to make it even more stifling.   The 3 safety look and speed line will get figured out by OCs, so Flores needs to keep changing it up . . . Just little nuances to allow his guys to make plays every week.  

If we can keep Cordarrelle from returning a TD, that'll help.   Shutting down Robinson is #1 . . . Do that, I like our chances.

The offense just needs to be patient, and if ever the O-Line wanted to make a statement on run blocking, nows a great time!   On the RPO topic, please no.    Hall's not big and I'd like to see him upright with a clean uni.

Keep rollin'!!! SKOL💯

• Like 1