Colts upcoming Free-Agents

Wyld Stallyns

Unrestricted Free Agents

Frank Gore HB - I think he retires, he seems to be leaning towards playing next year though. I would probably accept signing him to a one year deal for maybe $1-2M 
Adam Vinatieri K - Would resign him and maybe bring in a K to learn under him
Darius Butler S - Thanks for your time, good luck
Donte Moncrief WR - I would like to let him test free agency and get him on the cheap, but he is young enough someone will pay him. 
Rashaan Melvin CB - pay the man
Jack Mewhort RG - as with Moncrief I would like to sign him cheap, but I would incentivize his contract with game bonuses or snap bonuses. 
Jon Bostic MLB - good bye
Barkevious Mingo OLB - he has played well but with Sheard, Simon and Basham and a potential draft pick there isn't going to be room for him
Kamar Aiken WR - good bye
Scott Tolzien QB - *channeling Ferris Bueller* You're still here? 
Pierre Desir CB - I would like to see us give him a 2 year deal to be a stop gap between competing with Wilson for the starting job opposite Melvin to being the 4th CB
Mike Person C - potential solid backup for Kelly, vet minimum deal
Christine Michael HB - if Gore retires I would bring him back to compete with Mack and a rookie for the starting job. 
Brandon Williams TE - good bye

Restricted Free Agents

Quan Bray WR - bring him back to compete but on a short leash. 

Exclusive Rights Free Agents

Erik Swoope TE - definitely bring him back
Luke Rhodes LS - definitely bring back
Jeremy Vujnovich OG - good bye
Edwin Jackson MLB  - we could have used him this year. Clear the field except for him and Jeremiah George. 
Chris Milton CB - cheap depth guy bring him back 
Anthony Fabiano C - good bye

• 2 months later...

Thought I would bump this to get ready for the start of free agency. 

We re-signed Vinatieri, told Gore he would not be back. 

Ballard has said that he wants the market to determine Rashaan Melvin’s worth meaning he would re-sign him at the right price. 

Seems like Moncrief isn’t in the cards. 

I haven’t heard anything about Mewhort but it seems the Colts are pursuing Andrew Norwell. 

I also realized that Quan Bray isn’t on the Colt’s roster anymore. We released him from IR in Dec and he signed with Buffalo. 

On 12/8/2017 at 7:50 PM, stallyns said:

Unrestricted Free Agents

Frank Gore HB - I think he retires, he seems to be leaning towards playing next year though. I would probably accept signing him to a one year deal for maybe $1-2M 
Adam Vinatieri K- Would resign him and maybe bring in a K to learn under him
Darius Butler S - Thanks for your time, good luck
Donte Moncrief WR - I would like to let him test free agency and get him on the cheap, but he is young enough someone will pay him. 
Rashaan Melvin CB - pay the man
Jack Mewhort RG - as with Moncrief I would like to sign him cheap, but I would incentivize his contract with game bonuses or snap bonuses. 
Jon Bostic MLB - good bye
Barkevious Mingo OLB - he has played well but with Sheard, Simon and Basham and a potential draft pick there isn't going to be room for him
Kamar Aiken WR - good bye
Scott Tolzien QB - *channeling Ferris Bueller* You're still here? 
Pierre Desir CB - I would like to see us give him a 2 year deal to be a stop gap between competing with Wilson for the starting job opposite Melvin to being the 4th CB
Mike Person C - potential solid backup for Kelly, vet minimum deal
Christine Michael HB - if Gore retires I would bring him back to compete with Mack and a rookie for the starting job. 
Brandon Williams TE - good bye

Restricted Free Agents

Quan Bray WR - bring him back to compete but on a short leash. 

Exclusive Rights Free Agents

Erik Swoope TE - definitely bring him back
Luke Rhodes LS - definitely bring back
Jeremy Vujnovich OG - good bye
Edwin Jackson MLB  - we could have used him this year. Clear the field except for him and Jeremiah George.   :(
Chris Milton CB - cheap depth guy bring him back 
Anthony Fabiano C - good bye

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What does he excel at? Is he good vs. the run? Press? More zone or man? I know he has a major injury bug.

In Pagano’s defense the exterior CBs played press man. He mostly lined up against #1 WRs, at one point he requested  to follow Antonio Brown around the field during the Steelers game. He held him to 3 catches for 47 yards and 0 TDs 

He had a top 10 passer rating from PFF when targeted. He did get burned on a couple of occasions but he doubled his pass deflections from 2016 despite playing in 5 less games. 

Just now, stallyns said:

In Pagano’s defense the exterior CBs played press man. He mostly lined up against #1 WRs, at one point he requested  to follow Antonio Brown around the field during the Steelers game. He held him to 3 catches for 47 yards and 0 TDs 

He had a top 10 passer rating from PFF when targeted. He did get burned on a couple of occasions but he doubled his pass deflections from 2016 despite playing in 5 less games. 

Sounds like an extremely successful season. I am confused as to why you guys haven't re-signed him? Do you think it is it because he is so injury prone? Or was he an issue in the locker room? With so much money available and CB's being a tough position to find, I figured he would be locked down by you guys by now.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like an extremely successful season. I am confused as to why you guys haven't re-signed him? Do you think it is it because he is so injury prone? Or was he an issue in the locker room? With so much money available and CB's being a tough position to find, I figured he would be locked down by you guys by now.

I think (hope) that Ballard has a standing offer on the table for him. He said he wants to see what the market is, which could mean one of two things. 1) He doesn’t want to overpay a guy with 1 very good season. 2) He isn’t expecting him back. 

Ballard also admitted in an interview that the year Melvin came out of college that Ballard was in Chicago and they had him in for a workout. He said Melvin rubbed him the wrong way and that he wasn’t too overly excited about Melvin being here when he came in, but that Melvin completely changed his mind. 

Archived