Chase Young to Niners for conditional 3rd round pick

MikeT14

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Man can we just kill this thread already. I'm just ready to move on lol

Much like Ron Rivera, it will probably have to wait till the season is over. This has been such a hot button issue though, I don't expect it to go away completely.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Much like Ron Rivera, it will probably have to wait till the season is over. This has been such a hot button issue though, I don't expect it to go away completely.

Until he’s out of the league, he’s going to be talked about by every level of the fan base, to the mouthbreathers to the diehards like us.  He honestly also defined this coaching tenure, and the failure to build a culture.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Just imagine if he gets shut down by this terrible offensive line...

If he has a day, it will be this one.  He will probably get like 4 sacks.   And no doubt it will be the day he gets like 3 holding calls on the oline, the kind of holding calls people have complained he didn't get in the past. 

Chase had his fair share of bad looks this year, but that play against the Eagles was up 3 TDs with 3 mins left at the game — I’m not going to call him Haynesworth for not getting up to chase a guy he’d never catch after smoking one of the league’s better OTs and almost getting a sack. Looks ugly, for sure, but unless Mailata was also half-assing it, Chase did beat him clean as a whistle.

I think he needs a wake-up call, and I’m hopeful the FA market might give it to him. Going from being the guy everyone desperately wanted to a guy everyone is mostly indifferent to — that’s quite a bucket of cold water to dump on a 25-year-old. Maybe he’ll snap out of it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Chase had his fair share of bad looks this year, but that play against the Eagles was up 3 TDs with 3 mins left at the game — I’m not going to call him Haynesworth for not getting up to chase a guy he’d never catch after smoking one of the league’s better OTs and almost getting a sack. Looks ugly, for sure, but unless Mailata was also half-assing it, Chase did beat him clean as a whistle.

I think he needs a wake-up call, and I’m hopeful the FA market might give it to him. Going from being the guy everyone desperately wanted to a guy everyone is mostly indifferent to — that’s quite a bucket of cold water to dump on a 25-year-old. Maybe he’ll snap out of it.

I understand your point but you wouldn’t see that from guys like TJ Watt, A.Donald, F.Warner. It’s in you or it’s not. Like you said maybe he’ll snap out of it. His talent and coaching wins the battles in the trenches but it doesn’t bring you to go above and beyond in your efforts. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I understand your point but you wouldn’t see that from guys like TJ Watt, A.Donald, F.Warner. It’s in you or it’s not. Like you said maybe he’ll snap out of it. His talent and coaching wins the battles in the trenches but it doesn’t bring you to go above and beyond in your efforts. 

Agreed. Especially when you are going to be a FA in a few months and this is what you want to put on tape? 

But yeah, maybe that cold water as E pointed out will snap the guy out of it. Because there's no way he's getting a deal like Sweat got from Chicago.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, taylor made said:

How did this guy end up worse on the 49ers than us? 2.5 sacks, 9 tackles in 9 games

Some players put it all together and some don't. Its really not that uncommon. Glad we got something for him in trade value, because there is zero doubt he wouldn't have been resigned here.

• Like 2