Chase Young to Niners for conditional 3rd round pick

MikeT14

It was wild to me that Chase Young was mailing it in in a contract year when he was on a bad time. It’s insane to think he’s doing it in the playoffs on what’s been one of the best defenses in football. All that “compensatory pick will have the same value as the third” talk is looking a little shaky 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

It was wild to me that Chase Young was mailing it in in a contract year when he was on a bad time. It’s insane to think he’s doing it in the playoffs on what’s been one of the best defenses in football. All that “compensatory pick will have the same value as the third” talk is looking a little shaky 

More than a little. Dude is gonna be their offset for the Niners signing Mike Danna or something. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

He's in for a rude awakening when he hits free agency. No one is going to offer him a long term contract. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

He's in for a rude awakening when he hits free agency. No one is going to offer him a long term contract. 

I've been saying that unless he finds a VERY desperate team, he's gonna maybe get a 1-2 year prove it deal for very little $$

8 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I've been saying that unless he finds a VERY desperate team, he's gonna maybe get a 1-2 year prove it deal for very little $$

Maybe he can tryout for the cheerleading squad, he’s pretty good at that. 
Like I said when we noticed this about him is that he likes the idea and attention you get being a football player but not actually having the heart and character you need to be great. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Someone is going to pay Chase Young off that one game and be really disappointed with what they get. 

Honestly after his TFL and Sack he didn't "disappear" but he wasn't really relevant anymore. I didn't see the hustle I saw in the first two quarters.

I think ultimately he ends up going back to the 9ers on a 1-year deal.

It's a shame it takes the brightest lights and being called out for lack of effort, by a second team, to trigger that effort.  Good for him though, he now may get more than a one year deal.  But I expect he will regress right back to where he was and be an average player at best who wastes above average talent.

On 2/11/2024 at 11:47 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly after his TFL and Sack he didn't "disappear" but he wasn't really relevant anymore. I didn't see the hustle I saw in the first two quarters.

The whole game was a microcosm of his tenure here (and really watch pretty much any play where he doesn't immediately win, it's the same thing), which is...

He starts out great and then just gives up and either disappears or is visible and does nothing.