Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

People say that our defense played back up QBs like the rest of the league didn’t either! Only 9 QBs started every game 

And 14 of those teams made the playoffs and the others sat home. What's your point?

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If Graham is hired for a HC job, do you still feel this way?

I wouldn’t be against it since the continuity would be there but I have more questions in the HC duties with Graham.

What was Graham doing under McDaniels differently than under AP? We instantly got better on defense from some changes

Peters matador tackling wasn’t put up with anymore. Cut and then signed Jones who is cheaper, younger and better. 

Koonce went from questionable FA to bring back to helping Crobsy + Koonce being the top QB pressures in the NFL. 

Kicked Wilson inside and looked better year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And 14 of those teams made the playoffs and the others sat home. What's your point?

We had a record amount of QBs start games this season. Leading the league in scoring defense is not a result of playing backups where other teams defenses played backups too.

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Tom Brady Head Coach and AP Assistant Head Coach with a big pay increase?

Brady too big of an ego to be an HC. 

He wants to be an owner. Basically following what Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky path. So called Greatest ever in the respective sports want ownership

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I though this, but saw this:

So you can do virtual interviews with these coaches. The Raiders don't appear to be doing even that. 

Everything points to retaining AP and not even considering other candidates. Let’s just say Mark and I have never agreed on a HC signing, ever… I want Ben/Jim. During the McDaniels hiring, I can’t remember who I wanted, I think I wanted Harbaugh. Def did not want Josh. During the Gruden hiring, I wanted Jim Scwartz. I thought he deserved a second chance and almost every defense he touches turns to gold. 

It’s possible we could have had Jim in 2021. There were articles every day Jim wanted to be our HC. These are usually leaked to the media for a reason. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Mark for some reason went out of his way to go after McDaniels, who wasn’t even trying to find a HC job. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

14 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I even remember reading an article that McDaniels agent told Mark he’s not taking an interview unless he’s guaranteed the job. I would have never hired such an entitled dude. 

Considering the contract and full control over roster McDaniels got from Mark pointing to a demand full fleecing. Mark gave into to all demands

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

A little weird that we have no announcement for a GM yet 

I think they are going to announce both on the same day. They are most likely waiting until Monday to make it look like everything is on the up and up and to give AP time to round out his staff. Just my guess. 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wouldn’t be against it since the continuity would be there but I have more questions in the HC duties with Graham.

What was Graham doing under McDaniels differently than under AP? We instantly got better on defense from some changes

Peters matador tackling wasn’t put up with anymore. Cut and then signed Jones who is cheaper, younger and better. 

Koonce went from questionable FA to bring back to helping Crobsy + Koonce being the top QB pressures in the NFL. 

Kicked Wilson inside and looked better year

Well, according to the Grahamian apologists, he was just taking orders from Josh McDaniels, an offensive coach by trade, on exactly how to run the defense instead of being his own man. 

That'll work out about as well as his defenses age if he's given a HC gig. 

It's pretty obvious to anyone not wearing blinders that Graham is either:

A. A complete "Yes" man to The Way and the changes made were put into place by Pierce once he took control, explaining why so many of the obvious moves weren't made last year or pre-Pierce this year. 

B. A.

C.B. 

Amd people want that tool retained like he's some genius. Smdh. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Well, according to the Grahamian apologists, he was just taking orders from Josh McDaniels, an offensive coach by trade, on exactly how to run the defense instead of being his own man. 

That'll work out about as well as his defenses age if he's given a HC gig. 

It's pretty obvious to anyone not wearing blinders that Graham is either:

A. A complete "Yes" man to The Way and the changes made were put into place by Pierce once he took control, explaining why so many of the obvious moves weren't made last year or pre-Pierce this year. 

B. A.

C.B. 

Amd people want that tool retained like he's some genius. Smdh. 

McDaniels started coaching as a defensive assistant in New England 2002-2003 then QB coach 2004. So I'm sure he felt he was qualified to tell everyone what to do and they listened because he was 'in charge' and AP probably told the coaches to let the guys have fun and simplify the offense/defense. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I though this, but saw this:

So you can do virtual interviews with these coaches. The Raiders don't appear to be doing even that. 

This is my main criticism. Where is the harm in using this opportunity to interview as many people as you can? You can get insight into a number of young/upcoming coaches that may be options in the future. And you can hear the opinion of experienced coaches on where they see the issues in the organisation, roster etc. All really useful information, even if your mind is made up.

I suppose it could be the case that coaches are all too aware that AP is getting the job, but it’s hard not to put this down as another botched effort from Davis. Another time he has been exposed as not quite having the nous or savvy to best coordinate a process.

And I like MD and I see AP as one of the best options and would be excited to see him continue what he started. I do see it as a missed opportunity for the organisation to learn

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

This is my main criticism. Where is the harm in using this opportunity to interview as many people as you can? You can get insight into a number of young/upcoming coaches that may be options in the future. And you can hear the opinion of experienced coaches on where they see the issues in the organisation, roster etc. All really useful information, even if your mind is made up.

I suppose it could be the case that coaches are all too aware that AP is getting the job, but it’s hard not to put this down as another botched effort from Davis. Another time he has been exposed as not quite having the nous or savvy to best coordinate a process.

And I like MD and I see AP as one of the best options and would be excited to see him continue what he started. I do see it as a missed opportunity for the organisation to learn

Yep, you might also be playing against that coach too at some point, so to have him go through his philosophy and puck his brains a little could be useful. 

It’s underwhelming to say the least how few genuine candidates we’ve brought in, seems like Frazier and Richards are being lined up as backup DC candidates as someone here said in case Graham gets a HC job and leaves.

3 hours ago, G said:

McDaniels started coaching as a defensive assistant in New England 2002-2003 then QB coach 2004. So I'm sure he felt he was qualified to tell everyone what to do and they listened because he was 'in charge' and AP probably told the coaches to let the guys have fun and simplify the offense/defense. 

Idk man, good luck finding anyone on this board more vocal and critical of Josh McDaniels than me, and yet I'm going to say pretty bluntly that that was not a problem with Mike Nolan or Wink Martindale in Denver under McDaniels. 

Plenty came out from that era, and regardless of Josh being a general moron, meddling with the defense isn't one of the many issues that ever came to light. 

Meanwhile, we got Graham and a track record of wildly inconsistent defenses and doing ish like lining Cle up as a frigging CB- and I know Josh McDaniels didn't tell him to do that because  he's not creative enough to even try that. Lining guys up 15 yards off the ball on 3rd and 2's? Graham's inconsistencies have had a pattern in his previous stops. And when he's actually been considered "good" has been times a defensive HC was either taking the bulk of the duties away from him or otherwise checking his work. 

Dude's a fraud just like his benefactor, he just doesn't have sleazy used car salesman demeanor that makes him hard to like. Left to his own devices, he's incapable of making adjustments, as demonstrated time and time again up until AP took charge. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1