Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

So within a few hours you've gone from saying defensive head coach puts us behind the 8 ball to suggesting we hire a defensive coach. On brand!

No.... I said I would like that more than AP and Champ given that being the alternative. And that changes nothing about being behind the 8 ball.

Offensive coach >>>> top end defensive coach>>> green defensive coach

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Do you really think he'll hire Vrabel after his former co-worker just fired him in Tennessee? As you said a defensive coach's success is almost entirely dependent on the offensive staff that they're capable of building. Vrabel just got it wrong twice in terms of his pick at OC.

No. My guess is he goes offense with someone like Bobby Slowik. 

If he opts for Washington where hs is close with the Warriors guy , hire Slowik, draft QB and they are on their way.

The Vrarbel thing was a joke people I guess took seriously. I want no part of Vrabel, thought made that clear earlier. 

• Like 1

8, possibly 9 openings… Graham actually might get hired. Worst case scenario is keeping AP AND losing Graham. I don’t mind losing both, and I don’t mind keeping both… but losing Graham and keeping Pierce would be a horrible combo. I think Pierce takes a huge step back without Graham. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steins Gate said:

This is true and it's what I mean by NBA GM. NBA GMs tank so they can get a "no brainer" pick. When they draft outside the top 3, scouting becomes the most important thing.

In the NFL, it's usually the top 5 or 10 depending on how good that draft year is. Reggie hit on Mack (#5), Cooper (#4), and Kolton (#15). Just guessing, but I think Kolton was a Tom Cable pick moreso than a Reggie pick. Mack and Cooper were blue chips. Mayock was terrible at 1st round picks outside of Jacobs, who I think the Raiders could have gotten in the 2nd round. Zeigler only drafted a player in the 1st round once (Tyree Wilson). The jury is still out on him.

I get what you are saying though. Telesco was better at getting 1st round picks right than any of the above Raider GMs.

And to be clear I’m not advocating for him as GM. I’m just saying that the bar is pretty low in terms of drafting players. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The fact that we haven't announced an interview with Kelly leads me to believe he's gone.

What a horrible loss for our great franchise that would be. Dude has been straight up money everywhere he's been and with everything he's done. I don't know how we'd ever recover. 

31 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

8, possibly 9 openings… Graham actually might get hired. Worst case scenario is keeping AP AND losing Graham. I don’t mind losing both, and I don’t mind keeping both… but losing Graham and keeping Pierce would be a horrible combo. I think Pierce takes a huge step back without Graham. 

Not sure if you're counting McCarthy or Sirianni, that could be another 1-2 if they lose this weekend. Tomlin might step away. Dennis Allen is safe for now, don't understand why, maybe that changes

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

would we get 3 3rds for Graham and 3 3rds for Pierce since they are African Americans? I want to keep Graham but would be happy for him and the picks if he becomes a head coach. I just hope we get a great coaching staff

We'd get 2 picks total (I think). One would have to be hired as a GM to get 3 picks. Also I'm not so sure that we'd get anything for Pierce (going HC to HC apparently doesn't count, don't know about "acting/interim" HC)

1 hour ago, Angleae said:

We'd get 2 picks total (I think). One would have to be hired as a GM to get 3 picks. Also I'm not so sure that we'd get anything for Pierce (going HC to HC apparently doesn't count, don't know about "acting/interim" HC)

if he’s hired as HC elsewhere we would as interim doesn’t count as a permanent role.

champ Kelly could very well get a job too.  

I want to keep all 3 and go again but if we’re going with somebody else like JH then getting all these extra picks would be amazing 

10 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Not sure if you're counting McCarthy or Sirianni, that could be another 1-2 if they lose this weekend. Tomlin might step away. Dennis Allen is safe for now, don't understand why, maybe that changes

The Saints seeing all the coaching talent available and opting to stick with Dennis Allen is negligent to say the least. 

Have we ever seen this many potential openings? Seems like a real changing of the guard in the league, especially if Tomlin steps down. Maybe we get lucky and Andy Reid decides he's had a good run.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The Saints seeing all the coaching talent available and opting to stick with Dennis Allen is negligent to say the least. 

Have we ever seen this many potential openings? Seems like a real changing of the guard in the league, especially if Tomlin steps down. Maybe we get lucky and Andy Reid decides he's had a good run.

I feel like Reid will stick around for another few years and try to Mahomes his way to another couple of championships. Would love him to go pretty much now, but can’t see it while he’s got an elite QB approaching his prime years.

Real changing of the guard across the league, for sure. There were actually 10 changes at the end of the 2021 season though, so not the busiest turnaround this week - although the end of 2023 definitely feels like more seismic changes than 2 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I was thinking that also, can't remember a year with this many potential openings. You never know with Reid, he could call it at any time. At age 65 he's the oldest besides Carroll and BB so you'd think it could be soon

42 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I feel like Reid will stick around for another few years and try to Mahomes his way to another couple of championships. Would love him to go pretty much now, but can’t see it while he’s got an elite QB approaching his prime years.

Real changing of the guard across the league, for sure. There were actually 10 changes at the end of the 2021 season though, so not the busiest turnaround this week - although the end of 2023 definitely feels like more seismic changes than 2 years ago.

You're right that's probably why, the level of coaches who are now out is much higher. Saban is probably making it feel that way more, even without him being in the NFL. We could very well get to 10+. 

We gotta get a good one, whoever it is. Harbaugh seems less likely every day. Saw a site has him to the Raiders at +700 and that will get worse if Philly/Dallas/Pittsburgh opens up.