Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I was thinking that also, can't remember a year with this many potential openings. You never know with Reid, he could call it at any time. At age 65 he's the oldest besides Carroll and BB so you'd think it could be soon

Player Coaches like Dan Campbell, Ryans and AP making long tenure coaches expendable 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Player Coaches like Dan Campbell, Ryans and AP making long tenure coaches expendable 

Yeah it has nothing to do with the fact some of these guys are old enough to collect social security. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

You're right that's probably why, the level of coaches who are now out is much higher. Saban is probably making it feel that way more, even without him being in the NFL. We could very well get to 10+. 

We gotta get a good one, whoever it is. Harbaugh seems less likely every day. Saw a site has him to the Raiders at +700 and that will get worse if Philly/Dallas/Pittsburgh opens up.

Harbaugh’s odds to us are so high because the bookies all seem to think he’s heading to the Chargers.

I’m still not convinced. I heard that the highest salary Spanos has ever paid for a HC is $4m per year (for Staley) - is such a cheapo franchise really going to jump to 5x that for Jim Harbaugh? Maybe they will, but I still think people are overrating the Herbert factor. Sure, JH would love to coach Herbert, but there’s so much more at stake here.

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

You're right that's probably why, the level of coaches who are now out is much higher. Saban is probably making it feel that way more, even without him being in the NFL. We could very well get to 10+. 

We gotta get a good one, whoever it is. Harbaugh seems less likely every day. Saw a site has him to the Raiders at +700 and that will get worse if Philly/Dallas/Pittsburgh opens up.

Honestly we have no idea on Harbaugh until he starts taking interviews. I think most people believe it’s Pierce’s job to lose and it’s a forgone conclusion. I think we’re still very early in the process. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Campbell and Ryan are currently tied to great offensive coordinators. Vrabel was too, he lost that OC, picked the wrong one twice they immediately fell off snd he got fired. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No.... I said I would like that more than AP and Champ given that being the alternative. And that changes nothing about being behind the 8 ball.

Offensive coach >>>> top end defensive coach>>> green defensive coach

hmm .. id change that to Top end offensive coach...
JMD was an offensive coach, theres probably 10 defensive coaches id take over him, maybe 100 lol.

also the top end defensive coach is the GOAT... so tough to argue anything is better than TOP END D Coach. 

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Dodds and Gray interview today.

Ian also said if the Raiders would have hired the GM first last time it would have been Dodds who got the job 

Was just about to post that as well. So basically Mark fell in love with McDaniels to the point that he took whatever GM Josh wanted to bring along with him instead of hiring the guy he thought was the best for the job. What a disaster.

If Dodds does impress again and lands the position, and does so before the Harbaugh domino falls, that’s going to be very interesting.

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

The coveted coaching names are all offensive guys and long tenured guys in Harbaugh and Belichick. 

Watch, the Lions will lose Ben Johnson and fall off in a big way. Campebell will be feeling the pressure 2 years from now. Ryans will lose Slowik as well and the Texans will regress. The OCs are the reason those teams are in the playoffs and will get HC jobs shortly after they are eliminated.