Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The coveted coaching names are all offensive guys and long tenured guys in Harbaugh and Belichick. 

Watch, the Lions will lose Ben Johnson and fall off in a big way. Campebell will be feeling the pressure 2 years from now. Ryans will lose Slowik as well and the Texans will regress. The OCs are the reason those teams are in the playoffs and will get HC jobs shortly after they are eliminated. 

I think the Lions might be alright if/when Johnson leaves. 

Scottie Montgomery, Mark Brunell, Antwaan Randle-El, Tanner Engstrand....

Each of these guys have done a very solid job at their current position. Seth Ryan, I forgot he's Rex's kid, also probably knows a thing or two about X's and O's but he's way young. 

There will be a drop off, especially initially, but unless their offensive staff gets gutted, I think they'll manage. 

Fwiw, that doesn't change my overall opinion of Campbell- he would've been screwed without Johnson. But, I do think they've put a good enough staff in place to last a while without him now. 

I like the idea of keeping AP but for whatever reason I don't love the idea of keeping Champ.

A Dodds or Peters + AP would make me happy. I would still prefer Harbs but I feel the locker room would not respond well to moving on from Pierce.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Like Mike McDaniel, Kyle Shanahan, Nick Siranni, Kevin O’Connell etc 

For every one of those there is a Adam Gase, Josh McDaniels, Arthur Smith, Frank Reich, Nathaniel Hackett, Matt Nagy…

The list goes on and on. Just cause you hire the hot OC doesn’t mean they will work out. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think the Lions might be alright if/when Johnson leaves. 

Scottie Montgomery, Mark Brunell, Antwaan Randle-El, Tanner Engstrand....

Each of these guys have done a very solid job at their current position. Seth Ryan, I forgot he's Rex's kid, also probably knows a thing or two about X's and O's but he's way young. 

There will be a drop off, especially initially, but unless their offensive staff gets gutted, I think they'll manage. 

Fwiw, that doesn't change my overall opinion of Campbell- he would've been screwed without Johnson. But, I do think they've put a good enough staff in place to last a while without him now. 

You're probably right. Though Johnson will likely pull a handful of his guys off that staff. 

Campebell is completely propped up by Johnson's staff. I'd fire Campbell and promote Johnson if I ran things. He has more tenure in Detroit. 

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

For every one of those there is a Adam Gase, Josh McDaniels, Arthur Smith, Frank Reich, Nathaniel Hackett, Matt Nagy…

The list goes on and on. Just cause you hire the hot OC doesn’t mean they will work out. 

And basically every interim coach that has been retained over the last 2-3 decades has failed almost immediately. Jason Garrett is legitimately the only one who lasted longer than a few seasons.