Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

You're probably right. Though Johnson will likely pull a handful of his guys off that staff. 

Campebell is completely propped up by Johnson's staff. I'd fire Campbell and promote Johnson if I ran things. He has more tenure in Detroit. 

Man, I don't know if I would do that if I were Detroit, but I see your logic. 

I think Campbell, for his part, has been too integral in their rise that the players (and maybe even some assistants) would revolt. 

It's sort of a "between a rock and a hard place" situation there. They'll probably be fine as long as Campbell has a good staff. Could be 2 years, could be 10. But it's going to be ugly when he doesn't and it's going to fall apart. But because he's so much of a keystone in the team's construct right now, ousting him would be tough. 

The best thing that could've happened in that regard was a letdown season. Gives a reason to say Campbell ain't the guy without alienating too many people. Retain Jihmson, move forward. Success can be a double edged sword, right?

Just now, big_palooka said:

Love Dodd. Wanted him last cycle as did several of us.

Are Champ and AP a package deal? Do we know?

Really curious the approach here.

The feeling I got from Hondo's podcast yesterday was if Champ is GM, AP is 100% the coach.

However a new GM would still consider AP for HC, regardless if Champ is around or not.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

For every one of those there is a Adam Gase, Josh McDaniels, Arthur Smith, Frank Reich, Nathaniel Hackett, Matt Nagy…

The list goes on and on. Just cause you hire the hot OC doesn’t mean they will work out. 

Look deeper. It largely depends on the organization and ownership. And if they get the QB right. 

There are lots of variable to a coaches success. But QB can mask almost anything.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Love Dodd. Wanted him last cycle as did several of us.

Are Champ and AP a package deal? Do we know?

Really curious the approach here.

I think it’s more reliant on Champ. 

If we keep Champ, we keep AP. 

If we let Champ walk, AP may or may not stay. 

I don't think they were ever going to let Champ pick the next HC without proving himself first. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I like the idea of keeping AP but for whatever reason I don't love the idea of keeping Champ.

A Dodds or Peters + AP would make me happy. I would still prefer Harbs but I feel the locker room would not respond well to moving on from Pierce.

Same. AP is a lot more attractive knowing the front office is solid and can get the right talent in place. 

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The feeling I got from Hondo's podcast yesterday was if Champ is GM, AP is 100% the coach.

However a new GM would still consider AP for HC, regardless if Champ is around or not.

I'll also add he said both Champ and AP's preference is staying with the Raiders. If they got offers from both us and other clubs they would both come back here first.

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Man, I don't know if I would do that if I were Detroit, but I see your logic. 

I think Campbell, for his part, has been too integral in their rise that the players (and maybe even some assistants) would revolt. 

It's sort of a "between a rock and a hard place" situation there. They'll probably be fine as long as Campbell has a good staff. Could be 2 years, could be 10. But it's going to be ugly when he doesn't and it's going to fall apart. But because he's so much of a keystone in the team's construct right now, ousting him would be tough. 

The best thing that could've happened in that regard was a letdown season. Gives a reason to say Campbell ain't the guy without alienating too many people. Retain Jihmson, move forward. Success can be a double edged sword, right?

Oh 100%, you can't do it. But Johnson is the real prize there and they will loose him.

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

A defensive minded HC?

Obviously. A franchise QB trumps all. The janitor at Arrrowhead could be successful as HC with Mahomes as his QB.

You getting my point yet? AP would be a good coach option if the QB was in place. I don't like AP as the guy hiring to develop a QB. You can stop the trap games. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

Something that worries me about Harbs which Hondo brought up the other day is the fact any college suspensions apparently carry over to the NFL (Which kinda shocks me).

Harbaugh is being investigated not only for the cheat scandal, but for something is shady regarding a recruit. It sounds as though whatever punishment the NCAA gives out may cause him to miss time his first year coaching.

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Oh 100%, you can't do it. But Johnson is the real prize there and they will loose him.

Yep, tried to explain this before the season to both Lion and Packer fans. Said Lions would win division in 2023. Packers will win division in 2024 and all years beyond. 1) They will lose Ben Johnson 2) I like Jordan Love and the entire Packers Young Offense will have developed including Christian Watson, Jayden Reed, and Luke Musgrave