Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Something that worries me about Harbs which Hondo brought up the other day is the fact any college suspensions apparently carry over to the NFL (Which kinda shocks me).

Harbaugh is being investigated not only for the cheat scandal, but for something is shady regarding a recruit. It sounds as though whatever punishment the NCAA gives out may cause him to miss time his first year coaching.

Honestly I’m okay with taking an L the first season if it means landing Harbaugh. I’m not sure they’re in a good position to take a top QB and I’d rather not reach on a guy. Face plant next season and then start 2025 with a top flight QB actually sounds appealing to me. 

• Like 3

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Yikes. Looks like Maxx will request a trade if AP isn’t hired 

Doubtful. He has multiple Raider tattoos and just said recently he’s a Raider for life, and just got paid. 

Angry? Yes? Request a trade? Not happening. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

It’s nice for Maxx to have an opinion, but “drawling a line in the sand” is way too much and over-stepping his boundaries 100%. 

Totally agree. But I also get his position, after having to deal with JMD’s incompetence the unknown is terrifying. It’s easy to think that given an entire season Pierce would double his W/L total. 

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Something that worries me about Harbs which Hondo brought up the other day is the fact any college suspensions apparently carry over to the NFL (Which kinda shocks me).

Harbaugh is being investigated not only for the cheat scandal, but for something is shady regarding a recruit. It sounds as though whatever punishment the NCAA gives out may cause him to miss time his first year coaching.

From what is going around, the NCAA historically takes years to finish some of these investigations.  So it may not even effect this year 

Just now, Chali21 said:

Totally agree. But I also get his position, after having to deal with JMD’s incompetence the unknown is terrifying. It’s easy to think that given an entire season Pierce would double his W/L total. 

I just don’t like when players think they have a say in a coaching decision. You can have a voice, but not “drawing a line in the sand”. One of the reason I’m a big LeBron hater. He’s GM, Coach, Player everywhere he goes because his ego is absolutely massive and he knows he can over-step his boundaries because he’s LeBron James. If he would just be a player he’d probably have more rings. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Doubtful. He has multiple Raider tattoos and just said recently he’s a Raider for life, and just got paid. 

Angry? Yes? Request a trade? Not happening. 

Do you know what line in the sand means?

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yes. He’s bluffing. You’d be terrible at poker. 

When you’re a top player in a league, they have and can throw around power if they don’t like the organizational direction. Do you really want your best player to be disgruntled? Way to start off the offseason 

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

When you’re a top player in a league, they have and can throw around power if they don’t like the organizational direction. Do you really want your best player to be disgruntled? Way to start off the offseason 

Giving in to a player-demand is exactly what losing organizations do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The coveted coaching names are all offensive guys and long tenured guys in Harbaugh and Belichick. 

Watch, the Lions will lose Ben Johnson and fall off in a big way. Campebell will be feeling the pressure 2 years from now. Ryans will lose Slowik as well and the Texans will regress. The OCs are the reason those teams are in the playoffs and will get HC jobs shortly after they are eliminated. 

It is a cycle. Offensive HCs get fired a lot because they can’t balance calling plays and running a team

7 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Giving in to a player-demand is exactly what losing organizations do. 

News flash! We are a losing Organization and we haven’t been listening to players. Several Regimes have came here , rebuild and lost.

It just so happens that our best player and one of the best players in NFL wants coach to be retained who had us the #1 defense under his watch.

Perhaps we should listen to him and continue to build off those results instead of taking a gamble with an unknown 

35 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Honestly I’m okay with taking an L the first season if it means landing Harbaugh. I’m not sure they’re in a good position to take a top QB and I’d rather not reach on a guy. Face plant next season and then start 2025 with a top flight QB actually sounds appealing to me. 

Agreed. I’ll take him being suspended for a few games if it means we land an elite winner HC.