Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

33rd team is a site with many coaches as writers.. Parcells, Pagano, Mike Martz, Wade Philips, and many more. Here is the site’s Top Coach Candidates:

IMG-6799.jpg

Ben Johnson my favorite, as I’ve said all year. Not sure what people are seeing in Frank Smith, guy has a star studded cast and Mike McDaniel is the real offensive mind. Ben Johnson’s scheme is his own, his own scheme, his own innovation. Without him, the Lions go back to 7-10. Also like Ben’s personality way wayyyy more than Frank. 

Also Graham on the list and no Pierce, which makes sense. I’d rather have Graham as HC than Pierce. Graham has been a HC candidate for 4 years now and has deep connections to put together a great staff. Great coordinators and position coaches aren’t going to want to play under such a lack of experience coach like AP. Plus like I said, AP is not an x’s and o’s guy. He is a rah rah leadership guy like Mike Tomlin who needs two terrific coordinators at all times (Steelers have mightily struggled with this, they usually have one good coordinator and one bad coordinator. Having two great coordinators at once is HARD). 

Personally I do think Graham gets hired a HC somewhere. I don’t think AP has a chance at HC anywhere except Vegas, except some rooney rule interviews. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

33rd team is a site with many coaches as writers.. Parcells, Pagano, Mike Martz, Wade Philips, and many more. Here is the site’s Top Coach Candidates:

IMG-6799.jpg

Ben Johnson my favorite, as I’ve said all year. Not sure what people are seeing in Frank Smith, guy has a star studded cast and Mike McDaniel is the real offensive mind. Ben Johnson’s scheme is his own, his own scheme, his own innovation. Without him, the Lions go back to 7-10. Also like Ben’s personality way wayyyy more than Frank. 

Also Graham on the list and no Pierce, which makes sense. I’d rather have Graham as HC than Pierce. Graham has been a HC candidate for 4 years now and has deep connections to put together a great staff. Great coordinators and position coaches aren’t going to want to play under such a lack of experience coach like AP. Plus like I said, AP is not an x’s and o’s guy. He is a rah rah leadership guy like Mike Tomlin who needs two terrific coordinators at all times (Steelers have mightily struggled with this, they usually have one good coordinator and one bad coordinator. Having two great coordinators at once is HARD). 

Personally I do think Graham gets hired a HC somewhere. I don’t think AP has a chance at HC anywhere except Vegas, except some rooney rule interviews. 

Ian Rappaport just reported that AP is in demand for multiple HC openings 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Obviously. A franchise QB trumps all. The janitor at Arrrowhead could be successful as HC with Mahomes as his QB.

You getting my point yet? AP would be a good coach option if the QB was in place. I don't like AP as the guy hiring to develop a QB. You can stop the trap games. 

not trying to trap, just think being able to develop a qb doesnt = being good hc or even OC
and vice vs a good hc doesnt = someone who can develop a qb.

disagree wih the bold, mahommes amazing no doubt, but weve seen him "struggle" (for lack of better word as he still dominate) with a lesser team around him. thats still with reid and kelce. take reid and kelce away and KC not the same. 
it is a team game after all. Mahommes playing back yard style football wont gel with a lot of coaches. 

I dont think AP is the guy to develop a QB. Nor does he have to be. Who his OC and QB coaches are, are the biggest question marks that none of us know.

albiet, AP is probably a pretty good person to speak with to learn how to attack Ds. 
that is a benefit of a D minded coach, you learn how to read weaknesses of D. 

Thats what brady got from Beli... then he got JMD who built a scheme for brady. 
but it takes both. 

Harbaugh is our only option I think who could teach both sides, not dependent on his OC/DC. . . 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ian Rappaport just reported that AP is in demand for multiple HC openings 

"Patrick Graham has been a HC candidate for 4 years now".....

Are we really supposed to believe this? He was desired after the 2022 season embarrassment? He was desired by everyone so much the year prior that he peaced out on the Giants to...according to some...be totally controlled by Josh McDaniels? From the Giants, who he left Miami for (who improved in his absence, no less), a place he swore was his dream job? 

Look, Graham did enough this year against league bottom competition to get some looks from people. Congrats to him. But this nonstop citation of Graham to slander Pierce, like Graham is some wizz genius coordinator destined for HC greatness has gotta stop. 

Dude dipped out on Flores for a "dream job", supposedly spurning the Jets in the process. Then he realized his buddy wasn't getting retained by NY and jumped to the next ex-Pat HC he thought would offer him shelter for a while. Dude is the ultimate Patriot Way charity case, following other Patriot Way assistants from job to job while he, apparently, just takes orders. And people want this guy kept around? They want to make him HC? Gtfoh. 

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

"Patrick Graham has been a HC candidate for 4 years now".....

Are we really supposed to believe this? He was desired after the 2022 season embarrassment? He was desired by everyone so much the year prior that he peaced out on the Giants to...according to some...be totally controlled by Josh McDaniels? From the Giants, who he left Miami for (who improved in his absence, no less), a place he swore was his dream job? 

Look, Graham did enough this year against league bottom competition to get some looks from people. Congrats to him. But this nonstop citation of Graham to slander Pierce, like Graham is some wizz genius coordinator destined for HC greatness has gotta stop. 

Dude dipped out on Flores for a "dream job", supposedly spurning the Jets in the process. Then he realized his buddy wasn't getting retained by NY and jumped to the next ex-Pat HC he thought would offer him shelter for a while. Dude is the ultimate Patriot Way charity case, following other Patriot Way assistants from job to job while he, apparently, just takes orders. And people want this guy kept around? They want to make him HC? Gtfoh. 

Posters are literally making things up to slander AP. Graham defense turned the corner once AP took over the HC. That’s a fact. Raiders defense under JMD #22. Raiders defense under AP #1

• Like 1

Those of us who have supported AP has HC for next year have been saying this, it's not really news about Maxx (and potentially Adams). You saw the locker room change completely under AP, they don't want to go backwards on that. It's not really surprising, probably not even to those who don't want AP. But there's potential uproar from players that some may take action on. I'm not trying to see Maxx go anywhere because we hired a coach other than AP. You can say he shouldn't have that power, but he has it and AP gave it to him, so in a sense Mark Davis gave it to him. It'll be interesting to see if he's bluffing the second time around, and what it all means.

You can definitely say goodbye to Jack Jones and Josh Jacobs if AP isn't hired.

Edited by justwinbaby81

6 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Those of us who have supported AP has HC for next year have been saying this, it's not really news about Maxx (and potentially Adams). You saw the locker room change completely under AP, they don't want to go backwards on that. It's not really surprising, probably not even to those who don't want AP. But there's potential uproar from players that some may take action on. I'm not trying to see Maxx go anywhere because we hired a coach other than AP. You can say he shouldn't have that power, but he has it and AP gave it to him, so in a sense Mark Davis gave it to him. It'll be interesting to see if he's bluffing the second time around, and what it all means.

If Maxx wants to demand a trade and Josh wants to go sit on someone else's injury report, I say good luck to them. 

No player is that irreplaceable. We said it about Mack, and then got Crosby. We can find someone else with the picks he'd net. Adams was arguably outplayed by Meyers most of the time. Jacobs plays when he wants to get paid. 

They'd do the same ish if the coach they love so much sucked and got fired. Never let players hold a franchise hostage like that. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

The inmates don’t run the asylum 

14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If Maxx wants to demand a trade and Josh wants to go sit on someone else's injury report, I say good luck to them. 

No player is that irreplaceable. We said it about Mack, and then got Crosby. We can find someone else with the picks he'd net. Adams was arguably outplayed by Meyers most of the time. Jacobs plays when he wants to get paid. 

They'd do the same ish if the coach they love so much sucked and got fired. Never let players hold a franchise hostage like that. 

Crosby has endorsed rich, JMD, and AP

56 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Posters are literally making things up to slander AP. Graham defense turned the corner once AP took over the HC. That’s a fact. Raiders defense under JMD #22. Raiders defense under AP #1

Because AP made roster changes that Graham wasn’t allowed to make. It’s still Graham’s scheme and without Graham’s scheme AP would have no clue how to operate the defense. He would have to hire a new DC to install a brand new scheme…