Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Gruden wasn’t a bad coach the second time around. He was just awful in the personnel area. If you can just have him coach he will be fine. He just cannot pick the groceries and that will always be the issue cause his ego is to big.

I think it’s hard for players to continue to buy in when you see your coach throw the rookie QB under the bus after his first game. Take no accountability for anything. Continue to be stubborn on who’s actually the better QB on the roster. Players are not dumb they see it first hand. When you’re getting told over and over to buy in and see all that it can easily turn off these players and create a resentment type of feeling. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Rehire GRUDEN 😂😂😂

I’m all about it!  I really hope Gruden gets discovery and a trial instead of arbitration so he can cripple Goddell and get $100M+.  
Gruden was a good coach, the issue was he was also half of a GM and was horrible at it.  If you pair Gruden with a good GM it’d be a winning scenario imo.  Gruden also brings a good staff with him.

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I think it’s hard for players to continue to buy in when you see your coach throw the rookie QB under the bus after his first game. Take no accountability for anything. Continue to be stubborn on who’s actually the better QB on the roster. Players are not dumb they see it first hand. When you’re getting told over and over to buy in and see all that it can easily turn off these players and create a resentment type of feeling. 

Exactly!  Simply put, JMD is a fraud and got exposed quickly.  He isn’t a leader, in fact the exact opposite of it. His scheme also is trash and he refused to make any adjustments to it based on the players we had.  Even with “his guys” it was something like a bottom 3 offense with the best 1-2 RB and WR plus various other talented offensive players.  

it really made me feel good to hear mark Davis had dinners and meetings with a few different players before he made his decision and fired JMD, Zeigler, and Lombarid.  The players must have told mark a heck of a lot of bad things about that trio for mark to end the  Patriot way” regime.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m all about it!  I really hope Gruden gets discovery and a trial instead of arbitration so he can cripple Goddell and get $100M+.  
Gruden was a good coach, the issue was he was also half of a GM and was horrible at it.  If you pair Gruden with a good GM it’d be a winning scenario imo.  Gruden also brings a good staff with him.

Big No on Gruden.

He’s better than McDaniels but painfully average. He’s basically another McDaniels type 90s dinosaur who sees players as Xs and Os. It’s Grudens way or the highway.

We need a players coach and someone who relates to players better. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Gruden wasn’t a bad coach the second time around. He was just awful in the personnel area. If you can just have him coach he will be fine. He just cannot pick the groceries and that will always be the issue cause his ego is to big.

Yea just don't let him draft and he's actually a good play caller and leader of men. he requires a GM. So I think the Kevin Dodd guy And they bring him back I wouldn't be mad at that.

Big big no to Gruden. 

Look, I'll be the first to say that I think the way he was let go was shady and probably something he'd have a field day with in court. 

However, that doesn't negate the factual part of him doing what he was accused of doing. He did it, just that it was leaked under less than above-bosrd circumstances. 

Bringing him bad would look awful on the franchise, and while not a bad coach, he's not so good as to make the hassle worthwhile. 

• Like 7

Nobody has mentioned it, but I’d be down for bringing Bill Musgrave back as an OC if we draft a young QB high. He did a great job with Carr in ‘15 & ‘16 and has that experience. He wouldn’t be in line for a HC job and we’d maybe have continuity with him and a steady hand on the tiller. He’s not a guy that would overshadow a HC either. 

Thoughts??

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Like Tom Cable? Greg Olsen? Oh wait.... I know Paul Guenther? And Gruden can't help himself. He'd never let a GM be a GM. Dude hired a TV personality vs. hiring an actual GM. 

I hope Gruden is vindicated over his cancel culture nonsense. But in know way would want him back as a coach.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

it really made me feel good to hear mark Davis had dinners and meetings with a few different players before he made his decision and fired JMD, Zeigler, and Lombarid.  The players must have told mark a heck of a lot of bad things about that trio for mark to end the  Patriot way” regime.

I need to hear the dirt on Lombardi. That one made me laugh because he's a virtual nobody and gets tossed out with them. 

Hondo in a recent podcast mentioned a staff member a lot of people wanted gone after last season that JMD stuck with. Said he's still employed, so wouldn't out him. I wonder who that guy is. 

• Like 2

Gruden was ok in his second go, but ultimately is a highly flawed individual as a Head Coach.

Remember some of those utterly ridiculous draft picks we made on his watch, and let’s be honest it was his watch, not Mayock’s.

Would he be an improvement on Josh McDaniels? Absolutely.

Should we hire him back? Absolutely not.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Nobody has mentioned it, but I’d be down for bringing Bill Musgrave back as an OC if we draft a young QB high. He did a great job with Carr in ‘15 & ‘16 and has that experience. He wouldn’t be in line for a HC job and we’d maybe have continuity with him and a steady hand on the tiller. He’s not a guy that would overshadow a HC either. 

Thoughts??

No thanks. I would like to get away from past employees and retreads personally. Musgrave was a "my way" guy that worked for a young Carr who needed that. But I would hope to see someone younger with modern vision on offense.

Edited by big_palooka

You know who Rich Eisen mentioned as a possibility that I would have never thought of, is Bengals DC Lou Anarumo. Dude has has Mahomes' number the last several years. Probably the only DC in the NFL that has effectively gameplanned against him consistently. 

He's not a flashy name, but he almost got the Cardinals HC Job and he's getting pretty high up on a lot of lists.  

• Like 2

Lou would be an underwhelming name. Not saying he couldn’t have success by any means. Just not a fan of defensive minded HCs. With any coach you have to think about the connections he may have and think about the staff he could put together. Just not inspiring when you think of the possibilities on offense.