Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Get annoying how everything has to be black and white on this forum. 

You can question AP's credentials and long term prospects as a coach, without being labeled a hater. 

I don't think many would hate AP being hired the way they would other coaches. But certainly well within bounds to questions if he is a long term answer or flash in the pan. I personally think it's the latter, but time will tell.

Two things I question, can he hire staff and will he continue to struggle with clock management and being overly conservative. 

One thing for certain, if the players want to sound off, then expectations will high if he's hired. They better keep that same energy week 1. 

The absolute black and white nature of some folks is what always gets me on here. I appreciate being confident in your opinion and analysis, but at the end of the day that’s what it is. We are all wrong regularly. I also typically view someone as having a weaker argument if they go full send. It typically to me shows that hubris is overriding logic. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Because AP made roster changes that Graham wasn’t allowed to make. It’s still Graham’s scheme and without Graham’s scheme AP would have no clue how to operate the defense. He would have to hire a new DC to install a brand new scheme…

Super Bowl winning MLB doesn’t know how to operate a defense. lol 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder what happened to us interviewing Peters. It was definitely reported at the beginning of the cycle that we requested one with him. He probably would have gone to Washington regardless, but just interesting that we haven’t heard anything more about that.

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Out of that list, and with my limited knowledge 😁 I like Dodds and Kelly. Dodds has the better track record but I guess I have a gut feeling about Kelly………something about him I just like, I appreciated that we cut Peters with no ceremony, added Jack Jones and just did the things that were simple and obvious, sometimes the simple things are the right things. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That is not what he said, but okay. He said he wouldn't be surprised if he got hired somewhere. That's opinion, not fact. Titans are the only team to interview him. You are hearing what you want to hear.  

My fault, I interpreted that wrong. Still he has interest for HC that many thought he wouldn’t have but ok 

15 hours ago, Nightmare said:

If people think Maxx will actually demand a trade if we hire Jim Harbaugh, Ben Johnson or Mike Vrabel over AP, then I'll have some of whatever you're smoking.

18 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Mack wanted to be paid and Maxx wants to dictate the team. I’m sorry but the only player that I think can do that is the QB. If he wants out trade him to wherever Pierce lands and be done with it. I’m over people wanting to be safe and comfortable over winning. 

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Get 2-3 firsts for Maxx and let the new regime cook!

20 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Doubtful. He has multiple Raider tattoos and just said recently he’s a Raider for life, and just got paid. 

Angry? Yes? Request a trade? Not happening. 

20 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yes. He’s bluffing. You’d be terrible at poker. 

Multiple reports coming out today that Maxx will request a trade if AP isn’t retained . Crow? 

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1746160986220909048?s=20

https://x.com/BWilliamsonNFL/status/1746161326777585831?s=20

https://www.nfl.com/news/chargers-raiders-have-interest-in-jim-harbaugh-maxx-crosby-in-full-support-of-antonio-pierce

The Las Vegas Raiders also continue to weigh a potential pursuit of Harbaugh, who led his alma mater to its first national championship in the College Football Playoff era on Monday night. However, sources say there remains support among many in the extended Raiders family for interim coach Antonio Pierce -- including in the locker room, with All-Pro edge rusher Maxx Crosby will explore a trade request if Pierce isn't retained, according to sources.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1