Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

30 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Exactly my thoughts. Will still believe it when I see it.

And if Maxx really does think he’s bigger than the team then that’s unfortunate.

Players have power whether we like it or not. And again, Mark Davis gave the Raiders players even more power when he selected AP as interim coach. It's Maxx's prerogative, just like it's the team's prerogative to reject trading him. He's doing what he can to keep AP. Not every player will sit idly by and accept owner decisions, superstars have more leverage to do that. Those are facts. Now opinion: I don't want the best defensive player in the league to be disgruntled and it's not like he's lobbying for Bo Hardegree to be HC. 

Everyone gets mad at Mark Davis for bad coaching hires but wants him to override the players and general fanbase choice (casual fans, not necessarily posters here--but even some here) to select his guy. What happens if Mark Davis were to pass on AP and hire Gruden, Kellen Moore, etc? Just because we pass on AP doesn't mean we are getting Harbaugh, Ben Johnson, or whoever else certain vocal posters want. There's a lot of vacancies and we don't have a QB. 

I'd still take Harbaugh and deal with player repercussions, so in that sense I agree with the anti-AP posters, my list of names is just shorter than theirs to hire instead of AP. Other than Harbaugh, give me some stability and a strong culture for once. The players on this team have dealt with a lot in the last 3 years, I support them over some unknown OC to become HC.

Edited by justwinbaby81
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why else would Mark land on AP without even interviewing another candidate 

Did I miss anything? AP already hired?

And by the way if the hole building feels he is the right guy based on his interim period why not?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Why should a guy, close to the team, say anything else than keeping AOC, AP and Hardegree a month ago?

Even If He reported it now, why should he create the news and risking that he never get infos ever again?

I heard the podcast episode he said that on. At that time, it was abundantly clear that Hardagree/AOC was not a recipe for success. So, the framing of it was that it was surprising to hear that it would be a consideration. It’s been sticking in the back of my mind, making me nervous, since then too.

See from the Rapoport and Pelissero tweets this morning, it does seem to back up what many of us were suggesting earlier in the week about Mark’s intentions. He wants to see what Harbaugh is going to do, and if he gets a no from Jim then he’ll hire AP. But for now, he’s still got Harbaugh on his mind.

It’s playing out almost exactly this way, and I have no issue with Mark’s process here, except that now by stalling on interviewing/hiring AP, it’s created unrest within our locker room. Which is unfortunate and unnecessary.

I think this has turned into more of a “AP good vs AP bad” debate and imo it’s really not like that. I would be fine with AP getting the job, which has also been stated by many others who would simply rather we completed a full hiring process first rather than giving the gig to the guy who did pretty good as an interim. People are allowed to be satisfied with the idea of AP, but also have a preference towards someone else who they think is simply a better coach - for most of us, that choice being Jim Harbaugh.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Did I miss anything? AP already hired?

And by the way if the hole building feels he is the right guy based on his interim period why not?

A building that has won 14 games over the last two seasons 

25 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Why should a guy, close to the team, say anything else than keeping AOC, AP and Hardegree a month ago?

Even If He reported it now, why should he create the news and risking that he never get infos ever again?

He was right about AP, I’m assuming he will be right about the other two based on AP’s comments. This is what the players want though to run it back after an 8 win season so we should do it so we don’t upset Maxx and lose the locker room. 

6 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

See from the Rapoport and Pelissero tweets this morning, it does seem to back up what many of us were suggesting earlier in the week about Mark’s intentions. He wants to see what Harbaugh is going to do, and if he gets a no from Jim then he’ll hire AP. But for now, he’s still got Harbaugh on his mind.

Wish Mark would just call Jim straight up already. Low-key just make Maxx stfu before he makes any future "I love the Raiders forever" talk entirely disingenuous. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

AP just came out and said that AOC has shown enough to deserve a chance to be a starting quarterback next season. He'll be the guy and the offensive staff is likely going to be retained.

What is he supposed to say? “Kid sucks, no way he has a shot at playing for me every again!”

He does deserve a shot to compete, but he won’t be going into the season as the unquestioned starter. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

My prediction is 

GM Ed Dodds

Asst GM Champ Kelly

Coach AP

I highly doubt that Dodds takes his first GM job at a place he can’t hire his own coach after he has been so selective for years. 

I’d bet money it’s AP and Kelly.