Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Geezy said:

What is he supposed to say? “Kid sucks, no way he has a shot at playing for me every again!”

He does deserve a shot to compete, but he won’t be going into the season as the unquestioned starter. 

I think Maxx Crosby would be upset if we get another QB. He likes AOC, we can’t risk losing the locker room by drafting or signing another potential starter. Let’s run this thing back 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wish Mark would just call Jim straight up already. Low-key just make Maxx stfu before he makes any future "I love the Raiders forever" talk entirely disingenuous. 

He can’t let his GM Maxx Crosby get upset bro bro

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

Don't know if it's over just yet, but it certainly doesn't help that apparently the owner of the dolphins is throwing huge money at Michigan to keep herbs. He's an alumni + it keeps harbs from the NFL. It's all legal but imo that's some BS. nothing can be done, but thats some dirty pool from an NFL owner. Strictly imo of corse....*sshole! LOL! Just goes to show what we already know, money sure can twist stuff up. 

That’s the thing too, we don’t even know if Harbs is available. 

Dramatic aside I think I have to agree with NY raider. Mark Davis doesn’t seem like a very strong individual and can be influenced pretty easily. Especially by players. It’s extremely disappointing because I feel like hiring. AP is going to be just like the last two hires with John Gruden, and, JMD. It doesn’t fill me with any hope for the future and once again, we miss out on a good head coach correction a Super Bowl contending head coach for someone who isn’t that guy. To me it seems seems like a very narrowminded move. And I highly doubt the Raiders will get past the Chiefs or Broncos in the future.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I highly doubt that Dodds takes his first GM job at a place he can’t hire his own coach after he has been so selective for years. 

I’d bet money it’s AP and Kelly. 

An interesting thing to consider, this.

Dodds has apparently rejected GM jobs in the past because he’s very selective about his landing spot.

What if he really does want this job, and wants to pursue Harbaugh or Johnson or whoever as HC, but now he’s got one of his best players saying he’ll demand a trade if he does so?

Who could blame him if he says “thanks but no thanks”?

And none of that is on Mark. People want us to operate like a real franchise, but we’ve potentially got prospective GMs being chased away by “player power”. It’s really not a great look for Maxx imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

Dramatic aside I think I have to agree with NY raider. Mark Davis doesn’t seem like a very strong individual and can be influenced pretty easily. Especially by players. It’s extremely disappointing because I feel like hiring. AP is going to be just like the last two hires with John Gruden, and, JMD. It doesn’t fill me with any hope for the future and once again, we miss out on a good head coach correction a Super Bowl contending head coach for someone who isn’t that guy. To me it seems seems like a very narrowminded move. And I highly doubt the Raiders will get past the Chiefs or Broncos in the future.

It’s an extremely emotional approach to a very important decision. Maxx is obviously emotional if he’s saying he will demand a trade unless we give in to exactly what he wants. And Mark is making an emotional decision to listen to him without even interviewing a single candidate outside of the building / making the decision 7 days after the season just ended. 

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nah I will be here to enjoy being right about this all season next year while I win a couple bands on us losing more games then we win 

Just like you were right about Jimmy 

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

An interesting thing to consider, this.

Dodds has apparently rejected GM jobs in the past because he’s very selective about his landing spot.

What if he really does want this job, and wants to pursue Harbaugh or Johnson or whoever as HC, but now he’s got one of his best players saying he’ll demand a trade if he does so?

Who could blame him if he says “thanks but no thanks”?

And none of that is on Mark. People want us to operate like a real franchise, but we’ve potentially got prospective GMs being chased away by “player power”. It’s really not a great look for Maxx imo.

Agreed. This group has won 14 games over the last two seasons and we’re giving into player demands which potentially costs us a superstar GM and one of the best coaches in football history. 

I don’t care who we hire. And I will support AP if he is the new coach. But I just really have very minimal expectations for this team going forward now, especially after we just passed on a chance to pursue Harbaugh because of Maxx.

• Like 1