Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

An interesting thing to consider, this.

Dodds has apparently rejected GM jobs in the past because he’s very selective about his landing spot.

What if he really does want this job, and wants to pursue Harbaugh or Johnson or whoever as HC, but now he’s got one of his best players saying he’ll demand a trade if he does so?

Who could blame him if he says “thanks but no thanks”?

And none of that is on Mark. People want us to operate like a real franchise, but we’ve potentially got prospective GMs being chased away by “player power”. It’s really not a great look for Maxx imo.

Just now, NYRaider said:

It’s an extremely emotional approach to a very important decision. Maxx is obviously emotional if he’s saying he will demand a trade unless we give in to exactly what he wants. And Mark is making an emotional decision to listen to him without even interviewing a single candidate outside of the building / making the decision 7 days after the season just ended. 

I completely get what you guys are saying. My thing though is I wouldn't have trust for Mark Davis either after some of the nonsense that he's pulled.

And you're seeing that frustration pour over when they feel like the guy that was brought in prior(Mark Davis's choice) was historically garbage and there was no indication that he would be good(over the guy they just made the playoffs with btw). Comes in is garbage and then the guy that replaces him is pretty good and theres potential you wanna get rid of that guy. 

You lose trust after stuff like that. You start asking questions like how much does that guy really know? How much does who he's listening to really know? You compound this with the fact that there's always turnover with the stupid choices. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I completely get what you guys are saying. My thing though is I wouldn't have trust for Mark Davis either after some of the nonsense that he's pulled.

And you're seeing that frustration pour over when they feel like the guy that was brought in prior(Mark Davis's choice) was historically garbage and there was no indication that he would be good(over the guy they just made the playoffs with btw). Comes in is garbage and then the guy that replaces him is pretty good and theres potential you wanna get rid of that guy. 

You lose trust after stuff like that. You start asking questions like how much does that guy really know? How much does who he's listening to really know? You compound this with the fact that there's always turnover with the stupid choices. 

This roster has been bad the last two years we likely need a major roster overhaul to be competitive so the majority of the guys that are crying for AP likely won’t even be here long term, outside of probably Maxx. Who we might have to trade.

I would’ve preferred to hire Harbaugh and trade Maxx to Chicago for #1.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Guys that don’t even understand the Rooney rule acting like they have more information than team employees is crazy, but to each their own. 

Who don’t understand the Rooney rule? 

Dude throwing a tantrum like a 12 year old based on a tweet, trying to throw shade 😂

Just now, Geezy said:

Who don’t understand the Rooney rule? 

Dude throwing a tantrum like a 12 year old based on a tweet, trying to throw shade 😂

People on this forum Jeremy literally just said we can do what the patriots did and don’t need to interview anyone else. 

Again, I hope AP is successful. The way this has transpired, allowing a player to punk the owner into doing his bidding, is not what winning organizations do. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I was right about Derek Carr who 75% of this forum were scared to move on from. And hell we won more games with basically the same team without Carr lol

Carr threw less picks than your daddy in almost 400 more passes lol 

Edited by Geezy

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Carr threw less picks than your daddy in almost 400 more passes lol 

And he missed the playoffs while we improved as a team / won more games despite playing a rookie 3rd string QB and firing our coach mid way through the year.

We legit won 2 more games than Carr could.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not hedging anything, I guarantee we will hit the under on win total next year. AP won't have the luxury of playing against backup QB's every week next year.

He gets to play 11 teams that finished with a winning record this year, one of the toughest schedules in the NFL.

You guarantee a lot of stuff. Matter of fact almost every post is some extreme end of an opinion you jock like you're a fortune teller. Just like you hardcore guaranteed ALL that stuff with garapollo. 

Humble up a little bit, realize that even though you don't want it, it may be ok. 

AP did a lot.of stuff you refused to admit, he changed the culture, he had a winning record, he led us to the #1 Defense, all with the SAME staff that JmD had. You yourself said he needed to be able to do things like that.

I mean....all the guy has ever done is win. Give him a chance. 

• Like 4

Is it a fact that Crosby said anything about the trade? Or is it just click bait? I can see how he’d be upset after we downgraded from Bisaccia to JMD. Dudes in his prime and doesn’t want to keep wasting years. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Remember the last time Mark bought in and was short sighted after some success with the interim coach. We signed Carr, Waller, Renfrow etc to extensions. 

Davis didn't want to sign carr to an extension, JmD and Zeigs did. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Honestly, and I think Mark has made some big mistakes as Raiders owner, I’m not sure that’s something to lose trust over him about. He made a bad Head Coaching hire - many teams have done it before and will do so again, including the Raiders.

Nobody was complaining when he decided to move on from Bisaccia at the time. Ultimately it was the correct decision, even if the guy he appointed to replace him was a dud.

Mark is in a very tough spot if he can’t even conduct a GM and HC search without the players threatening to request trades. There’s part of me that still thinks it’s all being sensationalised and Crosby will be with us regardless of who is hired, but it’s a bad look on our players for this to even be a discussion right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

You guarantee a lot of stuff. Matter of fact almost every post is some extreme end of an opinion you jock like you're a fortune teller. Just like you hardcore guaranteed ALL that stuff with garapollo. 

Humble up a little bit, realize that even though you don't want it, it may be ok. 

AP did a lot.of

i mean....all the guy has ever done is win. Give him a chance. 

All he has ever done has win? 

Is that why he was fired by Long Beach Poly and forced to resign at Arizona State?

I’ll give him a chance but his track record of coaching isn’t great.