Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

Davis didn't want to sign carr to an extension, JmD and Zeigs did. 

Davis told candidates it wasn’t a rebuild it was a retool when he was interviewing. And that set us back 2 years. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

All he has ever done has win? 

Is that why he was fired by Long Beach Poly and forced to resign at Arizona State?

I’ll give him a chance but his track record of coaching isn’t great. 

Well now who's the one saying there's more to NFL wins and losses ......

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And he missed the playoffs while we improved as a team / won more games despite playing a rookie 3rd string QB and firing our coach mid way through the year.

We legit won 2 more games than Carr could.

No thanks to Jimmy Turnover! 

So you’re saying we improved while playing a 3rd string QB(over your savior) and firing our head coach, but you’re on here throwing a tantrum because we’re possibly going to hire the Coach that turned around our season? Lmao make it make sense….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

No thanks to Jimmy Turnover! 

So you’re saying we improved while playing a 3rd string QB(over your savior) and firing our head coach, but you’re on here throwing a tantrum because we’re possibly going to hire the Coach that turned around our season? Lmao make it make sense….

My stance has been clear, AP feasted against tanking teams with bad backup QB in 4/5 wins. I don’t think that warrants being promoted to full time head coach. 

moving on from Carr was the right decision as we improved and the Saints still missed the playoffs while he was terrible for 3/4 of the season.

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Well now who's the one saying there's more to NFL wins and losses ......

Beating backup QBs 4/5 weeks isn’t sustainable. We get 11 games against teams that had winning records this year plus 4 games against the Chargers / Broncos. Mark just needs to make the right moves and pray this was the right hire or next season could potentially get really ugly. 

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Is it a fact that Crosby said anything about the trade? Or is it just click bait? I can see how he’d be upset after we downgraded from Bisaccia to JMD. Dudes in his prime and doesn’t want to keep wasting years. 

Bill Williamson mentioned he’s heard from multiple sources close to the team that is it true

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Remember the last time Mark bought in and was short sighted after some success with the interim coach. We signed Carr, Waller, Renfrow etc to extensions. 

Good thing we don’t have any major decisions to make outside of Jacobs who we already have someone in place to take over. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Good thing we don’t have any major decisions to make outside of Jacobs who we already have someone in place to take over. 

Adams is probably going to want out from what I’ve heard. He doesn’t want to waste the prime of his career and HOF push on a rebuilding team. 

I'm with Kris here. Crosby is a straight up Raider through and through. Tatted Raiders, talks about Raider tradition, loves everything about being a Vegas Raider.

I can not see him demanding any trades, especially over an interim HC. No matter how cool he is.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I was kinda hoping beforehand that he gets it, just to see what our next step would be… and now I really hope he gets it, haha

I’m good either way, if he’s the  GM or Assistant. But if we do lose him, I won’t mind taking those picks lol 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My stance has been clear, AP feasted against tanking teams with bad backup QB in 4/5 wins. I don’t think that warrants being promoted to full time head coach. 

moving on from Carr was the right decision as we improved and the Saints still missed the playoffs while he was terrible for 3/4 of the season.

So did we improve without Carr or just feasted on weak teams? Cant have it both ways bro bro 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This roster has been bad the last two years we likely need a major roster overhaul to be competitive so the majority of the guys that are crying for AP likely won’t even be here long term, outside of probably Maxx. Who we might have to trade.

I would’ve preferred to hire Harbaugh and trade Maxx to Chicago for #1.

Two things that are key about where I'm coming from:

1. I would have absolutely no problem if we hired Harbaugh & Ed Dodds(I thought we should've hired them last time and I made that clear)

2. I actually don't think the roster is as a bad as many make it seem. On our fence the Oline needs to be fixed and potentially a quarterback if the situation presents itself(of course and offensive coordinator is needed too as the playcalling has to get exponentially better). Defensively we can upgrade at corner and interior Dline. The rest is fine.

Where I was coming from was from the perspective of the players. They're probably looking at the situation from the perspective of the head guy doesn't know what he's doing(which history has shown that he doesn't know what he's doing).

They go to the playoffs two years before and barely lose to the team that would represent the entire conference in the Super Bowl. It was a coach that was beloved by everybody who took one of the worst situation possible and thrived in it(regardless of any speculation of the likelihood of whether or not it would've happened the way it did nine times out of 10. The response of the head leader ship is to immediately conduct a search and never even really give the guy any real consideration.

Now with that being said, something to consider they passed on and Dodds and Jim Harbaugh for Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler. Not only are they from a failed coaching tree that has a history of never working but they also include a head coach that is actually a retread and doesn't currently have a winning record and happened to be the OC on a team that had the best player whoever played the game quarterback. They turn out to be trash as many of the players probably knew they would despite giving the benefit of the doubt and supporting him regardless. 

Then, the interim guys that replace them do much better than those guys(the same ones that Mark Davis passed on Dodds and Jim Harbaugh for) and then they're thinking about ignoring that like it didn't just happen and going with Ed Dodds and Jim Harbaugh. If I'm a player I'm looking at that and I'm thinking to myself "you passed on them last time for what you thought was the better option and the better option sucked. The guy we want did better than the guys that you chose over them. How much does this guy really know? How much does he actually want to win?" So of course they're gonna be mad.