Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

If AP is the best person for the job, to mark and whoever the gm is, that's fine.  But let's get the gm hire first. The players are being short sighted here especially Maxx. They want to support AP, that's cool. But mark cannot just hire him now. There has to be a process. I think them seeing Mayo get the job and AP interviewing for other job scared them. So Maxx put the full court press on. He messed up here. 

The hiring of the right guys is important, but so is the process. So is getting different gm and hc candidates in here to bounce ideas around. To meet guys in a interview process that you may have never really got a chance to talk to. To get a view on the young and upcoming talent around the league. 

Maxx jump the gun cause he is making emotional decisions. 

Edited by dante9876
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Adams is probably going to want out from what I’ve heard. He doesn’t want to waste the prime of his career and HOF push on a rebuilding team. 

Wouldn’t mind getting rid of an aging star WR for a high pick. Not sure of the cap ramifications though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

So did we improve without Carr or just feasted on weak teams? Cant have it both ways bro bro 

Id prefer to have AP on a lifetime contract rather than see Carr stink it up, cry on the field, and blame his teammates for even a single snap in a Raiders uni. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

If AP is the best person for the job, to mark and whoever the gm is, that's fine.  But let's get the gm hire first. The players are being short sighted here especially Maxx. They want to support AP, that's cool. But mark cannot just hire him now. There has to be a process. I think them seeing Mayo get the job and AP interviewing for other job scared them. So Maxx put the full court press on. He messed up here. 

The hiring of the right guys is important, but so is the process. So is getting different gm and hc candidates in here to bounce ideas around. To meet guys in a interview process that you may have never really got a chance to talk to. To get a view on the young and upcoming talent around the league. 

Maxx jump the gun cause he is making emotional decisions. 

I agree with this 100%. My thing though is I don't even think that Mark is hiring a GM because he wants to do it the right way I think it's a way of him washing his hands of it because he's afraid of not hiring AP and everybody getting mad at him. So he wants to hire a GM so that the GM can make the hire and take the heat. That's my opinion.

Just now, Geezy said:

Not believing the Maxx stuff without it coming out his mouth. Dudes love making up stories, especially about the Raiders because they know this fan base is nuts lol 

I 100% believe it, Maxx seems like the type to put himself and interests above what’s right for the team long term. Emotional dude that hasn’t won at any level so he doesn’t know what it takes and will marry himself to any slimmer of success.

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Wouldn’t mind getting rid of an aging star WR for a high pick. Not sure of the cap ramifications though. 

I have been driving his wagon for a while now. Adams is awesome. He put up 103 / 1,144 / 8 TDs with freaking Jimmy and AOC led by a disastrous playcallers. That is wild and he quite clearly still is elite.

However you don't do a rebuild around a 31 year old WR. No matter how good he would be for a rookie draft pick, I think getting a late 1st or a combo of 2nds would do wonders for this O. Trade Adams + use it to trade up for a QB.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I have been driving his wagon for a while now. Adams is awesome. He put up 103 / 1,144 / 8 TDs with freaking Jimmy and AOC led by a disastrous playcallers. That is wild and he quite clearly still is elite.

However you don't do a rebuild around a 31 year old WR. No matter how good he would be for a rookie draft pick, I think getting a late 1st or a combo of 2nds would do wonders for this O. Trade Adams + use it to trade up for a QB.

I think the best you get is probably a 2/3 if that. But agreed it’s time to rebuild, tough to ask a rookie QB to come into this offense and succeed though if we are moving on from Adams, Jacobs, and Renfrow. Creating holes at key spots when we already have a ton of holes to fill. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Honestly, and I think Mark has made some big mistakes as Raiders owner, I’m not sure that’s something to lose trust over him about. He made a bad Head Coaching hire - many teams have done it before and will do so again, including the Raiders.

Nobody was complaining when he decided to move on from Bisaccia at the time. Ultimately it was the correct decision, even if the guy he appointed to replace him was a dud.

Mark is in a very tough spot if he can’t even conduct a GM and HC search without the players threatening to request trades. There’s part of me that still thinks it’s all being sensationalised and Crosby will be with us regardless of who is hired, but it’s a bad look on our players for this to even be a discussion right now.

It's not simply making bad hires its ignoring the results and then making bad hires. For example, There's no way Rich could have been a bad hire pragmatically. It wasn't passed because of results he was passed on because speculation. That he couldn't repeat. If he had been hired and then went three and 13 the following year it could not have been a bad hire because it was a higher based on the previous results. Josh McDaniels was a bad hire because everything that was done was based on speculation and none of it was based on results. So again these aren't normal mess ups these are like abysmal mess ups they can lose respect of the people that work there. That's not just a football thing that's true in any work environment. I don't think it's simply about Antonio Pierce I think it has more to do with the dysfunction of the way things have been done going back to gruden(Who I liked btw) Full GM duties

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Eating hella money in dead cap to have a terrible supporting cast around a rookie QB or AOC. Is it a rebuild? 

1. We have gobs amount of both cap space and spending cash power this year. That statement is false. 

2. We don't have a sure thing at QB so if we truly are "rolling with Oconnell" I want as much   competition as possible. 

3. This terrible cast threw out the number 1 defense and had a winning record under AP. You're throwing out statements like they're true but facts say differently. 

• Like 2

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think the best you get is probably a 2/3 if that. But agreed it’s time to rebuild, tough to ask a rookie QB to come into this offense and succeed though if we are moving on from Adams, Jacobs, and Renfrow. Creating holes at key spots when we already have a ton of holes to fill. 

It's not like the rookie QB is coming into the Panthers roster/staff though. Sure, in an ideal world you would have a future HOFer to throw to. However Meyers is a high-end WR2 (Who I think is a WR1 on some teams)/Tucker is an awesome up and coming/Mayer is going to be a consistent top 10 TE. Zeus (Although small sample size) looked awesome and was top 5 in all-purpose yards after taking over for JJ. Not to mention we have a few pieces on the OL that are decent-good.

You could put a rookie QB in a worse spot imo.

Just now, NickButera said:

1. We have gobs amount of both cap space and spending cash power this year. That statement is false. 

2. We don't have a sure thing at QB so if we truly are "rolling with Oconnell" I want as much   competition as possible. 

3. This terrible cast threw out the number 1 defense and had a winning record under AP. You're throwing out statements like they're true but facts say differently. 

We’ll have $36M in projected cap space before we make any moves, trading Adams would eat $23M of that off the rip. 

Again that number one defense also played a charmin soft schedule featuring Stick, Stidham, Mullens/Dobbs, Minshew, etc. 

Context is important and if you think what we did over the last 9 games is sustainable against one of the harder schedules in the league next year, more power to you. 

I just think there’s a pretty significant difference between guys like Burrow and Minshew.