Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I don't necessarily disagree(not necessarily) but what's your reasoning for that?

If he’s the right hire and a defensive mastermind that changed the culture, why would anything less be acceptable? 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If he’s the right hire and a defensive mastermind that changed the culture, why would anything less be acceptable? 

Now that's why I think so. However it doesn't sound like you're being very consistent. You were the one who said that the roster sucked and needed to be rebuilt. So wouldnt 10 wins under those circumstances be overly optimistic considering that you don't think the roster is good enough to compete?

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Now that's why I think so. However it doesn't sound like you're being very consistent. You were the one who said that the roster sucked and needed to be rebuilt. So wouldnt 10 wins under those circumstances be overly optimistic considering that you don't think the roster is good enough to compete?

The players are hell bent on having him back, so clearly Mark think keeping this core together is important. So that means winning should be the only option. Can’t have it both ways. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I don't disagree with this. He needs to sustain a winning record for next year, anything else is a step back. We have 8th hardest SOS by winning percentage next year but 8 wins doesn't cut it next season.

Just now, justwinbaby81 said:

I don't disagree with this. He needs to sustain a winning record for next year, anything else is a step back. We have 8th hardest SOS by winning percentage next year but 8 wins doesn't cut it next season.

I think anything less than the playoffs and a top 10 defense is a major disappointment. And all of the players that vouched for him need career type seasons 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think anything less than the playoffs and a top 10 defense is a major disappointment. And all of the players that vouched for him need career type seasons 

I agree with this too. The ONLY reason to keep AP is because he's actually shown he can sustain success on the field. We need not hire him on a hope and a whim. Results matter, he showed he could get them, now he only has one place to go and that's to prove he can continue it. 

It's why I hope we give him a short cheap contract that we can get out after 2 years with minimal financial impact. He sends us to the playoffs? Immediate extension. Hell put that in the contract too lol.

To be consistent, I had the same view under Mcdaniels and why I was done with him after 1 season. The promise with these guys was to take a team that HAD won and continue to do it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I agree with this too. The ONLY reason to keep AP is because he's actually shown he can sustain success on the field. We need not hire him on a hope and a whim. Results matter, he showed he could get them, now he only has one place to go and that's to prove he can continue it. 

It's why I hope we give him a short cheap contract that we can get out after 2 years with minimal financial impact. He sends us to the playoffs? Immediate extension. Hell put that in the contract too lol.

Agreed. It should be playoffs, elite defense or bust for AP. He shouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The players are hell bent on having him back, so clearly Mark think keeping this core together is important. So that means winning should be the only option. Can’t have it both ways. 

I personally agree with that. But thats not what youre saying. your saying that the core is not good. so its inconsistent to say they have to win at least say 10 wins given you don't think the roster is good enough to compete for them anyway.

However I can because I actually do think that if they had better quarterback play(regardless if that person is an improved AOC or somebody better than him) you better play collar and improved Oline pieces they could contend for that many wins next year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

You alluded to past actions. 

I don’t think there’s a stronger way to show that you are selfish than threatening that you’re going to quit on your teammates and organization if the owner doesn’t do exactly what you want. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I personally agree with that. But thats not what youre saying. your saying that the core is not good. so its inconsistent to say they have to win at least say 10 wins given you don't think the roster is good enough to compete for them anyway.

However I can because I actually do think that if they had better quarterback play(regardless if that person is an improved AOC or somebody better than him) you better play collar and improved Oline pieces they could contend for that many wins next year.

I’m saying this is a championship core. I’m agreeing with Mark and Maxx, if AP can’t get the most out of it then he is not the right hire. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’m saying this is a championship core. I’m agreeing with Mark and Maxx, if AP can’t get the most out of it then he is not the right hire. 

So you agree with that? If so I completely agree. If he can't get it done next year with a full offseason to choose whoever he wants for whatever he needs end up buying from everyone in the locker room. we will know right away that is not the guy for the job. 100%.

Edited by Jeremy408

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don’t think there’s a stronger way to show that you are selfish than threatening that you’re going to quit on your teammates and organization if the owner doesn’t do exactly what you want. 

Bros going on 5 coaches in 6 years, a little frustration is warranted. 

• Like 1