Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

If the Chargers hire him they instantly become a level of credible that they’ve never really been before.

I hope he returns to Michigan if he’s not coming here.

He’s the heavy favorite and they’re meeting with him next week IIRC. I wonder if they’ll get Dodds tools 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Allowing a player to threaten you into hiring a coach without even conducting interviews with other elite candidates is a move that only a poverty franchise like the Raiders would make unfortunately.

I do agree with you on this. Al Davis always knew the team is bigger than any player, you also set a dangerous precedent if you start entertaining ideas like that.

If he genuinely feels like that, then he’s not as committed a Raider as he likes to portray, it’s fine for him to put his backing behind a candidate but anything more is basically blackmail and puts him on a collision course with the FO which may not end well. He’s a bit short sighted here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I do agree with you on this. Al Davis always knew the team is bigger than any player, you also set a dangerous precedent if you start entertaining ideas like that.

If he genuinely feels like that, then he’s not as committed a Raider as he likes to portray, it’s fine for him to put his backing behind a candidate but anything more is basically blackmail and puts him on a collision course with the FO which may not end well. He’s a bit short sighted here.

I don't believe this report at all from these bum media guys he just had to throw that in there for impact.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Spanos isn’t putting up the money it will take to pry Harbs from Michigan. Let’s be real 

Yep. I get the feeling when Harbaugh turns up at that meeting demanding $20m a year, suddenly him going to the Chargers might not seem like the certainty the media all seem to think it is.

I actually think Mark would meet that demand - if only his team players let him…

• Like 1

Man just let AP and Kelly cook, we seen this team play at a level we haven't seen in 10 years, the only thing that held us back was a rookie 4th round QB. AP and Kelly knows what this team needs going forward and we are not far off. QB is the main thing on offense and some OL. On defense CB, DT are the biggest needs. We have cap space and with AP a coach that free agents will actually want to play for, for once.

Oh and home games started to become home games.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Man just let AP and Kelly cook, we seen this team play at a level we haven't seen in 10 years, the only thing that held us back was a rookie 4th round QB. AP and Kelly knows what this team needs going forward and we are not far off. QB is the main thing on offense and some OL. On defense CB, DT are the biggest needs. We have cap space and with AP a coach that free agents will actually want to play for, for once.

"Simple as that" -Nate Hobbs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

People on this forum Jeremy literally just said we can do what the patriots did and don’t need to interview anyone else. 

Again, I hope AP is successful. The way this has transpired, allowing a player to punk the owner into doing his bidding, is not what winning organizations do. 

I guess the thing is that even if Maxx doesn’t have any influence at all (and he shouldn’t in this circumstance) if Puerce gives the best interview and they genuinely feel like he’s the best candidate it’s going to look like Crosby held the team to ransom, hope his agent is going to be having a word as it’s put everyone in an awkward position now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I guess the thing is that even if Maxx doesn’t have any influence at all (and he shouldn’t in this circumstance) if Puerce gives the best interview and they genuinely feel like he’s the best candidate it’s going to look like Crosby held the team to ransom, hope his agent is going to be having a word as it’s put everyone in an awkward position now.

Agreed because if the team doesn’t ball out it makes him look stupid. Either way the culture shouldn’t be do what I say or trade me. 

2 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I don't disagree with this. He needs to sustain a winning record for next year, anything else is a step back. We have 8th hardest SOS by winning percentage next year but 8 wins doesn't cut it next season.

Strength of schedule means virtually nothing, next years teams won’t be the same as this years’ teams, take for example the Texans and Giants year to year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I personally don’t think he deserves a shot if the goal is to win a Super Bowl. 

Well, you have to say you’re giving him a shot I think, even if (as I probably would) have him earmarked as a backup at best.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We’ll get to see who was right in real time if the Chargers hire Harbaugh. Us for keeping AP or them for pursuing an all time great. 

I don’t care who is or was right, I just want the team to be successful.

I’m wishing for Harbaugh but I’d like nothing better than for him to go to say, the Chargers and fail miserably and us to hire whomever and win a Lombardi 😃 

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

Not sure how much I buy that Crosby rumor, but if it's true I'd lose respect for him. 

I’m hoping it’s not true.

Can’t be holding your ‘beloved’ team to random then pretend you’re totally committed and bleed silver and black.