Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Has anyone one here mentioned Bobby Slowik as a potential HC candidate for us?  He is a young, offensive minded coach who comes from the 9ers coaching tree.  He clearly can work with a develop a young QB as he has shown this year with the emergence of Stroud. If we don't go with AP, I'm undecided on Harbaugh until I hear what his cost/demands are, Slowik needs to be on the radar!

Slowik would be dope he was on the staff with Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Matt LaFleur, and Mike McDaniel in Washington years back 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Rah rah head coach just beat the best X's and O's head coach. Huh. I'm sure it'll be short lived.....

Best XOs coach also had several bad coaching moments 

-Blowing all his 2H timeouts before the last possession

-Punting on 4th and 14 in Lions territory and never getting the ball back again

Refs did miss an Obvious PI though

Edited by bucksavage1

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Best XOs coach also had several bad coaching moments 

-Blowing all his 2H timeouts before the last possession

-Punting on 4th and 14 in Lions territory and never getting the ball back again

Refs did my an Obvious PI though

3 timeouts with a minute left to end the half and he sits on the ball instead of trying to get into FG range..

McVay disaster class 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

3 timeouts with a minute left to end the half and he sits on the ball instead of trying to get into FG range..

McVay disaster class 

Oh yea I forgot about the end of the 1st half….what in the world was that.

It was not like their offense wasn’t working in 1H. Mcvay had a chance to double up on possessions but nope decides kneel it

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

The Dan Campbell love is going to look bad when the Niners bounce them out of the playoffs. We’ll also see how well he does without Johnson. How a coach build his staff is what’s most important for these Rah Rah types. The raiders losing their offensive line coach who helped these no names overachieve doesn’t bode well for the team. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I doubt we’d even be able to land Harbaugh. Why would he choose us over Los Angeles or Pittsburgh if it opens up?

Right now my Top 4 are:

1) Ben Johnson

2) Harbaugh

3) AP

4) Graham 

Why the Raiders? Because he has tremendous respect for Al Davis, he had his first coaching start here and the franchise is a sleeping giant with mystique like no other.

Vanity wise, the Steelers are consistently good and in the playoffs, the Raiders were once great and for a guy like Harbaugh to resurrect them and turn them into a perennial winner again would be a huge achievement, similar to that at Michigan. Most coaches have some level of ego and I think a project like returning the greatness to the Raiders holds a huge draw to a guy like Harbaugh.

Chargers have none of that, but they do have a franchise QB, that is a lure no doubt but it’s not the same type of ‘returning a team to greatness’ at all that could float his boat.

• Like 1

Just something I’ve been pondering.. what would the odds be of Pierce staying on if Harbs were hired at HC as assistant HC/D Coordinator if say Graham were to leave for another job elsewhere? Let’s say he isn’t truly offered a HC gig elsewhere, or he could go to NYG as DC but does he want to leave the West Coast that is close to home, and to that dumpster fire.. say he understands it was a nice 9 game trial run but a dominant year or 2 running the D could get him in line for a legit shot at a HC job? He’s still the captain of the ship on D, Crosby & Co are happy.. Harbs gets the offense in order and everyone’s happy on that side of the ball! If Pierce loves the Raiders as much as he says, does he swallow his pride and essentially still get a promotion from LB coach to asst HC/DC? Would Harbaugh feel comfortable with that, knowing a bad start could get the AP chants going? It’s probably not realistic but if everyone was all in on a “commitment to excellence”, it’s not as far fetched as it sounds imho!

• Like 1

Raiders willingly lost the OL coach. They didn’t want him back. 

Lions went the unconventional route with Campbell. It’s working and helped turn that franchise around. Have no reason to think Dan Campbell won’t be able to get another good young OC. Ben Johnson was a TE coach when Dan got hired. Saw something in him and made him the passing game coordinator then OC. Ben Johnson wasn’t this high profile coached. 

Calling coaches like Campbell and AP rah rah coaches is really undervaluing them. They’re leaders. Leaders of men. Motivators. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders willingly lost the OL coach. They didn’t want him back. 

Lions went the unconventional route with Campbell. It’s working and helped turn that franchise around. Have no reason to think Dan Campbell won’t be able to get another good young OC. Ben Johnson was a TE coach when Dan got hired. Saw something in him and made him the passing game coordinator then OC. Ben Johnson wasn’t this high profile coached. 

Calling coaches like Campbell and AP rah rah coaches is really undervaluing them. They’re leaders. Leaders of men. Motivators. 

Agreed. Also adding that Campbell , AP and Ryans were former players within the last 15 years helps with relatability and player buy-in. 

Id imagine hearing coaching advice from someone who never made it to the highest level can at times be awkward 

• Like 2

https://x.com/bigsey93/status/1746650627500032194?s=46&t=rBi-M5Sv8aIxiPvpkavE-g 

Saw this tweet from Richard Seymour. Apparently he’s been sitting in on our GM interviews, which seems a strange one to me considering there is no vested link between him and the franchise currently.

I like that we’re getting the input of someone like Seymour who was an elite player and a locker room general.  It just find it… interesting that it’s him in these interviews instead of Tom Brady, for example.