Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

The rah rah guy just beat the hot shot with the playbook. Maybe these guys that played in the league paid attention during film lol 

yall will just give Ben Johnson the credit though, amirite? lol 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I doubt we’d even be able to land Harbaugh. Why would he choose us over Los Angeles or Pittsburgh if it opens up?

Right now my Top 4 are:

1) Ben Johnson

2) Harbaugh

3) AP

4) Graham

AP just to make everyone happy even though we probably waste a year and say “told you so”. Although this sub would probably make every excuse in the book for AP. Worst subforum on footballsfuture regarding constant excuses and never applying accountability. 

If that’s how you see him why is he in your top 3 lmao you make no sense sometimes 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Harbs meeting with the Chargers today. 

Saw Pelissero saying no decision expected imminently as Harbaugh will be taking his time.

And that we’re also still interested.

I wonder if last night’s events in Dallas might bring another team into the Harbaugh stakes as well…

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Has anyone one here mentioned Bobby Slowik as a potential HC candidate for us?  He is a young, offensive minded coach who comes from the 9ers coaching tree.  He clearly can work with a develop a young QB as he has shown this year with the emergence of Stroud. If we don't go with AP, I'm undecided on Harbaugh until I hear what his cost/demands are, Slowik needs to be on the radar!

Was just thinking why he wasn’t getting more mentions with the year they’ve had 

Edited by Geezy

Just now, Geezy said:

Seems like some Rooney Rule **** because wtf 

Yeah, Frazier and Wilkes are the unfortunate “clearly a Rooney Rule interview” guys of this cycle. Nobody is going to hire them as a HC but they’ll get a bunch of interviews.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Rah rah head coach just beat the best X's and O's head coach. Huh. I'm sure it'll be short lived.....

lol didn’t see this when I posted pretty much the exact same thing 😂

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders willingly lost the OL coach. They didn’t want him back. 

Lions went the unconventional route with Campbell. It’s working and helped turn that franchise around. Have no reason to think Dan Campbell won’t be able to get another good young OC. Ben Johnson was a TE coach when Dan got hired. Saw something in him and made him the passing game coordinator then OC. Ben Johnson wasn’t this high profile coached. 

Calling coaches like Campbell and AP rah rah coaches is really undervaluing them. They’re leaders. Leaders of men. Motivators. 

That’s a great point. 

These guys that have played in the league are probably more likely to hire quality coaches because they’ve been around so many most their lives and can tell which ones are full of **** or not. Guys act like these hot shot coordinators just come out of nowhere lll 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

https://x.com/bigsey93/status/1746650627500032194?s=46&t=rBi-M5Sv8aIxiPvpkavE-g 

Saw this tweet from Richard Seymour. Apparently he’s been sitting in on our GM interviews, which seems a strange one to me considering there is no vested link between him and the franchise currently.

I like that we’re getting the input of someone like Seymour who was an elite player and a locker room general.  It just find it… interesting that it’s him in these interviews instead of Tom Brady, for example.

Former Raider, Brady probably co-signed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

That’s a great point. 

These guys that have played in the league are probably more likely to hire quality coaches because they’ve been around so many most their lives and can tell which ones are full of **** or not. Guys act like these hot shot coordinators just come out of nowhere lll 

We could be seeing a new trend like Rappaport mentioned . Teams moving towards the CEO leadership type of coaches

• Like 1

10 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Rah rah head coach just beat the best X's and O's head coach. Huh. I'm sure it'll be short lived.....

All he needed was like 3-4 missed blatant pass interferences that swayed the game their way. Lions will get bounced soon.  

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

The rah rah guy just beat the hot shot with the playbook. Maybe these guys that played in the league paid attention during film lol 

yall will just give Ben Johnson the credit though, amirite? lol 

I’m not taking anything away from Campbell—who has clearly done a great job in Detroit—but what McVay did with the Rams this year was some really good work. This is a team that just recently was in cap hell, and hasn’t selected in the first round since they took Goff. 

This was a win by a good team with a good coach, but I’m not about to say it says anything about one type of coach being better than another. There are many ways to get it done. I think it’s important to be thorough in finding the right coach, and not just hire on emotion. If after reviewing all options leads to AP being the best fit, great, but I don’t want it to just be handed to him without considering all options. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

You mean like Harbaugh?

Yes. Harbaugh is a little bit more old school as he’s been out of the NFL for over 25 years. He is going to be in demand for a Cowboys job once they fire McCarthy and it makes a lot of sense to me.

I see a scenario where Harbaugh could trade up for his Michigan QB, and have him as a successor to Dac Prescott.