Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, mct288 said:

I’m not taking anything away from Campbell—who has clearly done a great job in Detroit—but what McVay did with the Rams this year was some really good work. This is a team that just recently was in cap hell, and hasn’t selected in the first round since they took Goff. 

This was a win by a good team with a good coach, but I’m not about to say it says anything about one type of coach being better than another. There are many ways to get it done. I think it’s important to be thorough in finding the right coach, and not just hire on emotion. If after reviewing all options leads to AP being the best fit, great, but I don’t want it to just be handed to him without considering all options. 

McVay is a great coach and I’m not trying to take anything away from him or even suggest Campbell is in any way better, just that DC is capable and like you said there are different ways to go about hiring a HC.  Also pointing out these guys are not just rah rah guys like they’re often referred to in here. 

Edited by Geezy

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Has anyone one here mentioned Bobby Slowik as a potential HC candidate for us?  He is a young, offensive minded coach who comes from the 9ers coaching tree.  He clearly can work with an develop a young QB as he has shown this year with the emergence of Stroud. If we don't go with AP, I'm undecided on Harbaugh until I hear what his cost/demands are, Slowik needs to be on the radar!

Yes. And I think he ends up in Washington with Peters in Washington. They were in SF together. Slowik, rookie QB coming in. Makes sense in Washington.

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yes. Harbaugh is a little bit more old school as he’s been out of the NFL for over 25 years. He is going to be in demand for a Cowboys job once they fire McCarthy and it makes a lot of sense to me.

I see a scenario where Harbaugh could trade up for his Michigan QB, and have him as a successor to Dac Prescott.

9 years, not over 25 😂

11 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Rah rah head coach just beat the best X's and O's head coach. Huh. I'm sure it'll be short lived.....

Just going ingnore rah rah's OC is the hotest coaching candidate this cycle I guess? You think Dan Campbell turned Goff around on his own?

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

McVay is a great coach and I’m not trying to take anything away from him or even suggest Campbell is in any way better, just that DC is capable and like you said there are different ways to go about hiring a HC.  Also pointing out these guys are not just rah rah guys like they’re often referred to in here. 

Yeah—I’m with ya. I probably put words in your mouth a bit there. I’m just so run down with the whole conversation and a bit frustrated with a lot of other people’s shortsightedness (not saying you are). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

The rah rah guy just beat the hot shot with the playbook. Maybe these guys that played in the league paid attention during film lol 

yall will just give Ben Johnson the credit though, amirite? lol 

Are we all just going to act like the Rams were not an inferior talent team? Most had this as a rebuilding year for them. 

McVey proved to be one of the games best coaches, again getting this team to a 1 pt. loss in the playoffs when most had them picking in the top 5 of the draft. The outperformed every metric largely because Stafford is a boss and McVey can make things go with mostly unheralded players

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Yeah, Frazier and Wilkes are the unfortunate “clearly a Rooney Rule interview” guys of this cycle. Nobody is going to hire them as a HC but they’ll get a bunch of interviews.

True. However, Leslie Frazier was out of football last year. He probably he doesn’t have a chance to be our  head coach. He’s getting a chance to interview with the organization for a potential role on the coaching staff going to next year.

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yes. And I think he ends up in Washington with Peters in Washington. They were in SF together. Slowik, rookie QB coming in. Makes sense in Washington.

I get the vibe Ben Johnson is Washington's #1 target but regardless, they sure set themselves up with Peters at GM. Damn jealous. 

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Are we all just going to act like the Rams were not an inferior talent team? Most had this as a rebuilding year for them. 

McVey proved to be one of the games best coaches, again getting this team to a 1 pt. loss in the playoffs when most had them picking in the top 5 of the draft. The outperformed every metric largely because Stafford is a boss and McVey can make things go with mostly unheralded players

Nah, I’m just not going to act like the rah rah guy just didn’t get his team to advance in the playoffs. Theres always an excuse to discredit these guys. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Just going ingnore rah rah's OC is the hotest coaching candidate this cycle I guess? You think Dan Campbell turned Goff around on his own?

I wonder who hired the OC

31 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

True. However, Leslie Frazier was out of football last year. He probably he doesn’t have a chance to be our  head coach. He’s getting a chance to interview with the organization for a potential role on the coaching staff going to next year.

He's the perfect type to bring into a senior defensive role on staff and have a succession plan should Graham be plucked. He's a damn good defensive coach. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Nah, I’m just not going to act like the rah rah guy just didn’t get his team to advance in the playoffs. Theres always an excuse to discredit these guys. 

Nobody is discrediting the guy. Campbell deserves all the credit along with Holmes for turning a historically bad franchise into a playoff winner. That is huge. 

I also think it's dumb to think that because Campbell did it, it can easily be replicated. There isn't a Ben Johnson waiting in the wings in Vegas. AP needs to start over from scratch on that side of the ball.

In the end, any type of coach can work to degree if the pieces are right and the QB is capable. 

Again, I think AP is fine and can coach. My question is simply who can he hire on the offensive side of the ball. I'd trust an offensive guy to better staff and develop a young QB personally. 

Answer this. If AP gets the job and hires Bo Hardegree..... how we all feeling about the decisions to hire AP at that point? 

• Like 2