Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Nobody is discrediting the guy. Campbell deserves all the credit along with Holmes for turning a historically bad franchise into a playoff winner. That is huge. 

I also think it's dumb to think that because Campbell did it, it can easily be replicated. There isn't a Ben Johnson waiting in the wings in Vegas. AP needs to start over from scratch on that side of the ball.

In the end, any type of coach can work to degree if the pieces are right and the QB is capable. 

Again, I think AP is fine and can coach. My question is simply who can he hire on the offensive side of the ball. I'd trust an offensive guy to better staff and develop a young QB personally. 

Answer this. If AP gets the job and hires Bo Hardegree..... how we all feeling about the decisions to hire AP at that point? 

Nothings easy in the NFL, and no one is suggesting that hiring a leader type is going to equate to wins. 

i like AP and have been vocal in his support and think he deserves a real chance if he lays down a real plan in front of management. But if he’s on some Bs like running it back with Hardegree after the offense struggled like it did then you’d have to reconsider. 

im not blindly going to support AP like he can do no wrong, he just deserves a real opportunity to show he’s the guy and can improve with another year with his guys, specifically on offense. I don’t think he’s handcuffed to Bo, and am hopeful that he is smart enough to realize his limitations and really focus on getting help on offense. If, not then he ain’t the guy and you have to hire who you think can get it right. Deal with the fallout latter. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He was in the building and on the NFL radar for a the job. Wasn't like he plucked him from another organization somewhere. Can he do it twice is the question. 

Weren’t they together in Miami too? I thought he brought him with him 

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Nobody is discrediting the guy. Campbell deserves all the credit along with Holmes for turning a historically bad franchise into a playoff winner. That is huge. 

I also think it's dumb to think that because Campbell did it, it can easily be replicated. There isn't a Ben Johnson waiting in the wings in Vegas. AP needs to start over from scratch on that side of the ball.

In the end, any type of coach can work to degree if the pieces are right and the QB is capable. 

Again, I think AP is fine and can coach. My question is simply who can he hire on the offensive side of the ball. I'd trust an offensive guy to better staff and develop a young QB personally. 

Answer this. If AP gets the job and hires Bo Hardegree..... how we all feeling about the decisions to hire AP at that point? 

I would be furious which means it is 75% likely to happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This is the second time Dodds have interviewed with the Raiders. All signs point to Champ keeping the job. I wonder if there is a way to keep Dodds in another role where he can work with Champ. 

Moe Moeton brought this up the other day.  Said Dodds could be President of football operations while Champ is the GM.  Thing is, how would Champ feel about not being the "head" of it all?  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kliff Kingsbury emerging as a potential OC candidate 

He would be a great hire. Young Ex Head coach nobody gonna hire for at least a few seasons , creative offensive mind and developed  good QBs

• Like 1

Still want Ben Johnson or Harbaugh but AP-Kliff-Graham would be a hell of a coaching staff as well. But the thing is, you lose Graham after one year to be a HC, and you lose Kliff as a HC to a college team after two years. 

Heck, Graham probably becomes a HC in the next couple weeks.