Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This is the second time Dodds have interviewed with the Raiders. All signs point to Champ keeping the job. I wonder if there is a way to keep Dodds in another role where he can work with Champ. 

14 minutes ago, Totty said:

Moe Moeton brought this up the other day.  Said Dodds could be President of football operations while Champ is the GM.  Thing is, how would Champ feel about not being the "head" of it all?  

It does feel like Dodds wants to be here, so it would be disappointing to pass up on that. I read that he’s a Raiders fan, and is clearly very good at what he does, hence all the GM interview offers he keeps getting.

He’s still my preference for GM ahead of Champ, but if we could put him in some even higher role then that would be good as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Rah rah head coach just beat the best X's and O's head coach. Huh. I'm sure it'll be short lived.....

Lmaoooo you serious bro? The Lions are 7-10 without Ben Johnson next year. I personally think he has the best scheme in football along with McVay. Johnson is the 100% engine of that team. His scheme is soooo sooooooo frickin good. The concepts, the routes, everything. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders willingly lost the OL coach. They didn’t want him back. 

Lions went the unconventional route with Campbell. It’s working and helped turn that franchise around. Have no reason to think Dan Campbell won’t be able to get another good young OC. Ben Johnson was a TE coach when Dan got hired. Saw something in him and made him the passing game coordinator then OC. Ben Johnson wasn’t this high profile coached. 

Calling coaches like Campbell and AP rah rah coaches is really undervaluing them. They’re leaders. Leaders of men. Motivators. 

Yeah because Ben Johnson’s grow on trees. You know how rare someone like him is? He is legit the next McVay. His concepts and offense are genius. Ben Johnson is the Lions. He is way more important than Dan Campbell. 

Eagles lost their innovative OC and their offense has looked like trash this year. 

Bills offense has never been as dominant without Daboll. 

The fact is, these amazing OC’s are super rare. And Ben Johnson is the next McVay, Shanahan, etc. 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

The fact is, these amazing OC’s are super rare. And Ben Johnson is the next McVay, Shanahan, etc. 

We don’t know that yet. Just because you can call plays and have an offense, doesn’t mean you can lead a team at the same time. 

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

We don’t know that yet. Just because you can call plays and have an offense, doesn’t mean you can lead a team at the same time. 

Bet you said the same about McVay. He’s well worth the gamble. And I like what I see from him personality and leadership wise. He’s not your dry-cut no personality coordinator. 

People complained non stoppppppo Carr had to learn a new system every two years. With a rah rah Head Coach, you’re gonna have a new OC every two years (promoted to NFL or College Head Coach if successful). Land of the hypocrisy. 

If AP gets Kingsbury that’s an A+ hiring. IF though. We’ve heard this before about HCs like Allen. I’d happily eat crow because he’s a perfect OC candidate, he won’t leave in a season or two and he can develop a QB well. I don’t think they’d be in play to get Caleb Williams but they may be able to trade for Daniels. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

If AP gets Kingsbury that’s an A+ hiring. IF though. We’ve heard this before about HCs like Allen. I’d happily eat crow because he’s a perfect OC candidate, he won’t leave in a season or two and he can develop a QB well. I don’t think they’d be in play to get Caleb Williams but they may be able to trade for Daniels. 

Agree it’s a good hiring, but massively disagree Kliff won’t leave. If he has two years of success, he’ll leave for a big program College HC job no doubt. 

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Dudes biggest concern is a situation where it means the Raiders are having amazing success if their coordinators are getting poached. lll gladly take that “problem” 

Yeah I agree.  Worrying about coaches leaving when trying to hire good people is silly. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

People complained non stoppppppo Carr had to learn a new system every two years. With a rah rah Head Coach, you’re gonna have a new OC every two years (promoted to NFL or College Head Coach if successful). Land of the hypocrisy. 

So basically your saying hire a young oc or offensive mind as a head coach or be ready to fail. 

• Like 1