Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

So basically your saying hire a young oc or offensive mind as a head coach or be ready to fail. 

Maybe we should just cut to the chase and hire Kingsbury as HC, it could never fail. Offensive scheme makes someone fully qualified to be a head coach I'm told.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

Weren’t they together in Miami too? I thought he brought him with him 

Believe so yes. Both in Miami together 2012-2015 before Campbell went to NO. 

Johnson went to Detroit in 2019 as a quality control coach on Darrell Bevell's staff. Campbell elevated him to passing game coordinator, then OC a year later. Point is, they had history together. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So basically your saying hire a young oc or offensive mind as a head coach or be ready to fail. 

Sure, I’m a huge fan of hiring innovative x’s and o’s OC’s as HC. Not counting Tom Brady titles, the last non x’s and o’s offensive HC to win the SB was Pete Carroll in 2013. And the league is even more of a offensive league than ever before. With your x’s and o’s guy at HC, you never have to change your offensive scheme. It’s a huge advantage. 

I did love me some DeMeco last year though. But he was an A+ defensive genius and A+ Leader. 

I wasn’t really that fond over the somewhat gimmicky, finesse air raid offense Kliff ran in AZ. 

They never seemed to have a good running game outside of Murrays legs, and they always seemed to start hot then get figured out in the later part of the season. 

Would be an interesting name to pair with AP

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I wasn’t really that fond over the somewhat gimmicky, finesse air raid offense Kliff ran in AZ. 

They never seemed to have a good running game outside of Murrays legs, and they always seemed to start hot then get figured out in the later part of the season. 

Would be an interesting name to pair with AP

To be fair, he’s never had an elite NFL QB. This guy was the engine behind Caleb and Mahomes in college. He’s definitely a QB wizard. I wonder what he can do with one of the five QB’s in this draft.

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

if AP landed Kliff as OC... hed make a lot of smart people on here look a little silly.

"has 0 nfl connections" - then lands us a legit CB in Jones, and a very big name OC who can groom a QB. 

Why are people so hell bent on "making people look silly"?

We all want the same damn thing.... a team that doesn't suck and can compete. Having questions about the validity of AP to make certain decisions is valid. He obviously has people in his circles and ties to USC being a California guy. 

Also, putting in a waiver claim for Jones is hardly "landing" a big player. Other teams put in a claim, the Raiders just happened to have the highest priority (maybe we should thank JMD). I know Minnesota almost "landed" him as well. 

Now, if AP can keep his head on straight and keep him out of trouble, then props. He's not a player you can count on to be a part of your long term plan with his past. Super talented kid who the Pats had enough of his crap and cut him for nothing. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's the perfect type to bring into a senior defensive role on staff and have a succession plan should Graham be plucked. He's a damn good defensive coach. 

Agreed. A senior assistant coach is the exactly the role I would want for him. Another great Defensive mind to build upon this past season improvement 

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Moe Moeton brought this up the other day.  Said Dodds could be President of football operations while Champ is the GM.  Thing is, how would Champ feel about not being the "head" of it all?  

This actually makes a lot of sense. Mark has said he wants football people in the building and needs to build a real FO. I would love this actually. Don’t see how Champ would scoff at the opportunity he’d still be getting a promotion, or interim tag removed. This would be ideal for me. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

We don’t know that yet. Just because you can call plays and have an offense, doesn’t mean you can lead a team at the same time. 

Just went thru that with McDumbass

• Like 1