Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I hate these damn accounts drifting off professionals and bending words for clicks. Dov Kleinman is a former poster here to which should tell you all you need know. 

The post makes no sense in the first place.  Is the post implying that Harbaugh would wait until after the draft to see where JJ goes to pick his landing spot which is insane or is it implying Harbaugh would take the job and the Raiders would draft JJ which is no guarantee.  The whole theory behind the rumor is quite flawed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Well, there was one other Poster, who hung up on every straw to discredit AP.

So I think that wasn't all about you.

If you think this organization matches up well against Payton, Reid, and Harbaugh for the next few years with AP at HC, please pass the joint my brother.

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you think this organization matches up well against Payton, Reid, and Harbaugh for the next few years with AP at HC, please pass the joint my brother.

AP is 2-1 against those guys fwiw 

• Like 1

Keeping AP isn’t my first choice but an AP-Kliff-Graham coaching staff and drafting JJ, Jayden, or Penix with Kliff developing them would be something I’d definitely get excited about. Three extremely likable player coaches as well. It would look like a promising future on paper. 

Harbaugh on the Chargers and Payton on the Broncos doesn’t scare me. Harbaugh I wouldn’t mind gambling on, but it’s also possible his old school pound the rock football style is just not “optimal” in today’s league. Plus it’s the Chargers, they are cursed. Also Sean Payton has not proven a damn thing without Drew Brees. Could he? Sure. But he hasn’t so far. 

Andy Reid + Mahomes is the one to always worry about. But honestly I think a Reid + Kelce retirement is only two-three years away. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Geezy said:

AP is 2-1 against those guys fwiw 

Again brother if you think that is sustainable, pass that!

Mark my words, broncos going to trade up for Caleb Williams.

Payton - Caleb 

Harbaugh - Herbert

Reid - Mahomes 

Pierce - O’Connell 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Payton - Caleb 

Harbaugh - Herbert

Reid - Mahomes 

Pierce - O’Connell 

Bet anything Spanos doesn’t land Harbaugh, cheapest owner in the league. 

13 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Harbaugh on the Chargers and Payton on the Broncos doesn’t scare me. Harbaugh I wouldn’t mind gambling on, but it’s also possible his old school pound the rock football style is just not “optimal” in today’s league. Plus it’s the Chargers, they are cursed. Also Sean Payton has not proven a damn thing without Drew Brees. Could he? Sure. But he hasn’t so far. 

Andy Reid + Mahomes is the one to always worry about. But honestly I think a Reid + Kelce retirement is only two-three years away. 

I agree with all this. I’m not scared of any team in this division going forward.

Reid and Kelce will be retiring sooner than later. Mahomes is great but he’s always gonna have a huge cap figure. They really messed up by letting Hill out the door. He was young enough to be with Mahomes throughout his Prime. Rice looks promising but Hill is MVP/HOF material 

Harbaugh gonna get full control in LA and that’s gonna be a mistake. He runs an old school run first scheme. A decade away from the NFL game I’m not sure he goes back to winning instantly again. He will for sure overdraft Corum because Eckler is a FA and what better to bring your college RB. 

Sean Payton hasn’t done anything without Brees. Denver has serious cap restraints due to Wilson release

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Bet anything Spanos doesn’t land Harbaugh, cheapest owner in the league. 

Dallas is gonna be a wild card. I think it is between Dallas/LA for Harbaugh. We also could have another surprise coach fire/resign

4 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Still want Ben Johnson or Harbaugh but AP-Kliff-Graham would be a hell of a coaching staff as well. But the thing is, you lose Graham after one year to be a HC, and you lose Kliff as a HC to a college team after two years. 

Heck, Graham probably becomes a HC in the next couple weeks. 

This is why IMO stability is important. If you have stability at the top, you can get a succession plan in place knowing what schemes you’ll be running and who’s likely to fit. Then when your DC gets plucked for a HC job the next year, there is a guy in line with the same vision who’s been in the system, gaining experience and knows the ins and outs of the D. Same on the O side aswell, we need to be laying solid foundations so we can promote from within once the scheme works.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Payton - Caleb 

Harbaugh - Herbert

Reid - Mahomes 

Pierce - O’Connell 

This is just another troll attempt right? Because the Broncos are not going to trade from 12 to 1. Their team is a mess already because of the trades for Wilson and Payton. They've leveraged the future as much as they can already.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is just another troll attempt right? Because the Broncos are not going to trade from 12 to 1. Their team is a mess already because of the trades for Wilson and Payton. They've leveraged the future as much as they can already.

Doubt they're moving on from Russ to stand pat

Short term, Denver are the weak link in the division. Payton is still a good HC but the Russ trade has hurt them badly. They won’t be a threat for the next couple of years.

I am worried about Harbaugh on the Chargers, tbh. I think it’s a bigger concern that they are getting him than it is that we’re not. Hopefully Spanos is too cheap, or Dallas fire McCarthy and go after him.