Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Why are people into Ejiro Evero? His defense on the Panthers has been atrocious... and he has the talent. Ben Johnson has been consistent on the Lions. 4th in Yards Per Game last year and 5th in Points Per Game. This year 2nd in Yards Per Game, 9th in Points Per Game. Also it's not just the stats. His offense is new, hasn't been figured out by NFL Defenses, WORKS, clever and creative, and his scheme can make QB's like Goff look way better than they are. Goff is a middle of the pack QB that has consistently looked Top 7-8 under Johnson. If Ben has an Elite Tier guy, he'd be destroying the league. Also a very RB friendly scheme, Jacobs will SMASH. 

On top of all of that.. he is a LEADER. Offensive genius and leader? That's rare. I was a big fan of DeMeco Ryans last year... great defensive scheme and great leader. I'm a big fan of Ben Johnson this year. 

• Like 1

For GM- I seriously would want Tom Brady to be our John Lynch and be our President / CEO of Football Operations. I would want him to pair with another assistant GM who has experience in front office. Promote someone from the Chiefs/ Eagles/ Dolphins/ Ravens - all those programs know how to draft, and work the cap. Brady would be our spokesman and bring stability to this organization and who wouldn't want to play with Brady. Brady know ball 

Candidates for Head Coach: Ben Johnson, Jim Harbaugh, Ken Dorsey, Frank Smith, Dan Quinn, Antonio Pierce - if he gets the team playing he could be a sleeper, Brian Callahan, Brian Johnson, Mike Kafka, Brian Flores, Mike Macdonald, Raheem Morris 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Why are people into Ejiro Evero? His defense on the Panthers has been atrocious... and he has the talent. Ben Johnson has been consistent on the Lions. 4th in Yards Per Game last year and 5th in Points Per Game. This year 2nd in Yards Per Game, 9th in Points Per Game. Also it's not just the stats. His offense is new, hasn't been figured out by NFL Defenses, WORKS, clever and creative, and his scheme can make QB's like Goff look way better than they are. Goff is a middle of the pack QB that has consistently looked Top 7-8 under Johnson. If Ben has an Elite Tier guy, he'd be destroying the league. Also a very RB friendly scheme, Jacobs will SMASH. 

On top of all of that.. he is a LEADER. Offensive genius and leader? That's rare. I was a big fan of DeMeco Ryans last year... great defensive scheme and great leader. I'm a big fan of Ben Johnson this year. 

I took notice of Eviro when he was with the Broncos, he was highly regarded there and did a terrific job considering the situations their offence put them in and really made them better than the sun if their parts. I’ve also heard and read some really good things about his character and the way he coaches and the Bronco fans loved him and didn’t want him to go. Now, he’s at a team that are struggling but I still liked what I’ve seen from him there in trying circumstances and apparently he’s really well liked there too. He’s a relatively young up and coming coach and I think he’d bring a fresh approach and he’s been reported as being especially well prepared and knowledgeable.

Now, I also like Johnson as you point out above and the job he’s done with the very average Jared Goff has been terrific too, he’s on my list too but I don’t claim to be any kind of expert on coaches, the leadership part is huge to me given our team and situation. At the end of the day, I’ll be honest and say I don’t really know as much about coaches and don’t pretend to. With players you’ve got film to watch and interviews to go on, but with coaches it’s much less to judge on other than seeing what the teams do with what they’ve got and second hand reports usually.

I was listening to a podcast and former NFL GM Randy Muller said Mark originally wanted Champ Kelly to be GM when McDaniels was hired but Josh insisted on Dave Ziegler. If that's the case Champ Kelly has a good chance to stick around as the real GM. A lot will depend on these last 9 games but if you read up on Kelly a lot of people around the league are high on him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, raidersedge said:

I was listening to a podcast and former NFL GM Randy Muller said Mark originally wanted Champ Kelly to be GM when McDaniels was hired but Josh insisted on Dave Ziegler. If that's the case Champ Kelly has a good chance to stick around as the real GM. A lot will depend on these last 9 games but if you read up on Kelly a lot of people around the league are high on him.

I’m convinced he will be the full-time GM by the the time we reach the off-season.

20 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Out of curiosity, where did you find that he's a leader. That's really my only reservation about him(and the fact that Goff to start W/).

Edited by Jeremy408

20 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Being an elite coordinator does not automatically translate to successful head coach. Ben Johnson is a great candidate for sure, but I’m not going to knock Evero for this season.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 8:33 AM, NickButera said:

I don't see how anyone can knock Grudens for anything other than pure speculation. The fact is, what he was doing was working, we were a winning football team when through no fault of his, some stars got injured, some arrested and he was forced to resign.  He wasn't perfect but we were winning. It was the best we had looked in a looong time, I don't see how you can take the position of "God no, I would hate to have that man back". 

There's a saying and I forgot it, but it went something like "when you've got it good, the one who wants to be great made it worse"

I wouldn't mind if Gruden came back. It wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to us and that's truth. 

I’d have no issue with Gruden coming back if he didn’t have the final say over first round picks. 

Honestly other than Belichek who had Brady, what Defensive head coach has had success in terms of winning a Super Bowl? Probably Mike Tomlin. But other than that you have a combination of elite QB and former OC. Not saying offensive coaches are a catch all obviously we’ve just experienced that but by and large that’s the way to go. 

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

For GM- I seriously would want Tom Brady to be our John Lynch and be our President / CEO of Football Operations. I would want him to pair with another assistant GM who has experience in front office. Promote someone from the Chiefs/ Eagles/ Dolphins/ Ravens - all those programs know how to draft, and work the cap. Brady would be our spokesman and bring stability to this organization and who wouldn't want to play with Brady. Brady know ball 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47drgrkaylubxgqal2n3

Brady's contract with Fox is reportedly a 10-year pact worth a whopping $375 million, per Andrew Marchand of the New York Post. The deal will make Brady easily the highest-paid color analyst on NFL broadcasts, surpassing the $18 million-per-year

Everyone needs to chill on the "Make Tom Brady the savior stuff". At best he can advise Mark. 

• Like 2

Tom Brady is above being a GM. Hence why he’s trying to get into ownership.

Mark Davis seems to be learning his lesson. Judging by his dealing with the Aces, we can expect Mark to leave no stone unturned when acquiring talent. He went out and tried to pay for coaching (Gruden and McDaniels) both yield average and terrible results

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I like Tom Brady. 

I have a ton of respect for Tom Brady. 

Tom Brady has absolutely no business being our GM. 

Knock that ish off. 

No, he doesn’t have the experience to be GM. But I don’t mind Brady helping pick our next GM and HC, especially HC. He is way way way way way way way way way smarter than Mark and that entire joke of a panel that know nothing about football. I also wouldn’t mind him as some kind of advisor role to the board. 

• Like 2