Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I agree with all this. I’m not scared of any team in this division going forward.

Reid and Kelce will be retiring sooner than later. Mahomes is great but he’s always gonna have a huge cap figure. They really messed up by letting Hill out the door. He was young enough to be with Mahomes throughout his Prime. Rice looks promising but Hill is MVP/HOF material 

Harbaugh gonna get full control in LA and that’s gonna be a mistake. He runs an old school run first scheme. A decade away from the NFL game I’m not sure he goes back to winning instantly again. He will for sure overdraft Corum because Eckler is a FA and what better to bring your college RB. 

Sean Payton hasn’t done anything without Brees. Denver has serious cap restraints due to Wilson release

This is a lot of coping. 

Reid is a top 3 coach in football, he's not retiring for sometime as he has Mahomes (28) in his prime to win Superbowls. They have a young defense full of players. Their GM is among the top in football at roster building. They will compete for years.

Harbaugh has been a success everywhere he's gone. His panache in building teams is well documented. He hires the best people to do the jobs. Similar to his job in SF, he inherits an underachieving veteran team with with a top 10 QB who he will put his stamp on and bring to his full potential.  

Payton's Broncos overachieved despite a massive lack of talent and an aging QB he made appear competent. He'll get his QB pick and start building the right way.

The Raiders are looking at hiring a wild card at coach and have to find a QBOTF to develop. They are in a true boom or bust transition right now. Emotion will only play so far.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Stop the nonsense. You know damn well he just paid out two of the highest coaching contracts on record. 

And he had to have a huge settlement with Gruden and will be paying JMD for the foreseeable future.

Anyone that thought we'd be a major player for a premium coach / front office (myself included) was being short sighted. Mark couldn't afford it, he'll ride AP for two years on a cheap contract and hopefully be able to pay someone in the future.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And he had to have a huge settlement with Gruden and will be paying JMD for the foreseeable future.

Anyone that thought we'd be a major player for a premium coach / front office (myself included) was being short sighted. Mark couldn't afford it, he'll ride AP for two years on a cheap contract and hopefully be able to pay someone in the future.

Jesus not this argument again. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If he was going to hire AP because he was cheap then he’d have done it already 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

If he was going to hire AP because he was cheap then he’d have done it already 

Are you unaware of the Rooney rule? There's a reason that zero teams around the league have hired a head coach, lol. And there's also a reason that Leslie Frazier was the first interview request before we've even hired a GM.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Are you unaware of the Rooney rule? There's a reason that zero teams around the league have hired a head coach, lol. And there's also a reason that Leslie Frazier was the first interview request before we've even hired a GM.

They could’ve removed the interim tag during the season 

41 minutes ago, Geezy said:

They could’ve removed the interim tag during the season 

No they couldn't have.

League rules do not permit vacant primary positions to be filled without the process. So if Davis knows at the end of the season that he's keeping the interims, it will take weeks for the process to be complete.

Teams can interview general manager candidates as soon as the regular season ends. And teams must conduct in-person interviews with at least two external candidates who are either people of color or women.

The same rules apply to head-coaching candidates. But teams cannot conduct in-person interviews with candidates currently employed by other teams until after the divisional round of the playoffs in late January.

Edited by NYRaider

I'll teach you all some of the NFL rules.

You cannot hire a coach or remove the interim tag from a coach into the full time role until you've interviewed two minority candidates from outside of the building. The same rules apply for general managers.

The Patriots were a rare exception because they already had a succession plan in place that the league was aware of before it happened.

Leslie Frazier was the first candidate because we're going to hire AP. We'll likely only interview one more minority candidate just to satisfy the Rooney rule so we can move forward. I also don't think any other legitimate candidates will want to interview here knowing that they have no chance of being hired.