Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

When Kyler Murray was healthy in his system (year 2/3) they had the 6th/8th best scoring offenses in the NFL.

That's true, but are we gonna have a quarterback like Kyler Murray because Penix isn't gonna cut it in an offense like that. Thats the type of offense you need like a Jaden Daniels or Caleb Williams to run. Maybe Fields could work?

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's true, but are we gonna have a quarterback like Kyler Murray because Penix isn't gonna cut it in an offense like that. Thats the type of offense you need like a Jaden Daniels or Caleb Williams to run. Maybe Fields could work?

I don't think he necessarily needs a mobile QB, Mahomes / Caleb weren't really running QB's and had success in it at the college level. I think he's a good enough offensive mind to adapt his system to fit any type of QB. Caleb Williams would be ideal though especially considering that they already have a relationship.

Not sure why Penix wouldn't cut it in his scheme. He's super mobile in the pocket, has enough mobility to make defenses pay, and has the arm/accuracy to make all of the throws.

Edited by NYRaider

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think he necessarily needs a mobile QB, Mahomes / Caleb weren't really running QB's and had success in it at the college level. I think he's a good enough offensive mind to adapt his system to fit any type of QB. Caleb Williams would be ideal though especially considering that they already have a relationship.

Not sure why Penix wouldn't cut it in his scheme. He's super mobile in the pocket, has enough mobility to make defenses pay, and has the arm/accuracy to make all of the throws.

By that you mean they're not fast, but they do run. Penix doesn't really run. 

Edited by Jeremy408

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I take it back. I just looked it up right now Aiden O'Connell played the air raid offense in college which means you don't need to be mobile at all. Lol. Wait a minute: would that mean that they would be trying to build around him?

Edited by Jeremy408

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think he'd be able to build his system around Penix just fine. Penix does a good job of getting the ball out quick and showed mobility in the CFB playoffs.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think he'd be able to build his system around Penix just fine. Penix does a good job of getting the ball out quick and showed mobility in the CFB playoffs.

Yeah, I looked up the kind of offense that Washington ran and it emphasizes a lot of explosive throws down the field. The airway emphasizes more of an Up-tempo get the ball out quick kind of thing.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't necessarily disagree but I wonder what your reasoning is behind this.

Like others have said, Kingsbury's offenses get figured out halfway through a season. Also, the run game seems to suffer due to the style. Kyler had to provide a third of the rush yards each year. AOC ain't doing that. If the Raiders draft Jayden Daniels then I can see it (don't want Daniels though).

Just now, Steins Gate said:

Like others have said, Kingsbury's offenses get figured out halfway through a season. Also, the run game seems to suffer due to the style. Kyler had to provide a third of the rush yards each year. AOC ain't doing that. If the Raiders draft Jayden Daniels then I can see it (don't want Daniels though).

It is vvvveeerrryyyy simple. My theory is kyler made it look a lot better than it was.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:26 PM, brownie man said:

Don't let Pierce get away

That would be so stupid

He's a quality candidate in his own right. Superbowl champion and respected throughout the league. 

Yall need to stop going after the shiny name and hire a good coach for once. 

Lock Mark Davis* in a room and do not let him make this decision. 

I say this with a caveat 

If yall can get Harbaugh go get him 

Besides that I'm taking Antonio over everybody. Vrabel would be my number 3 choice for you guys

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I say this with a caveat 

If yall can get Harbaugh go get him 

Besides that I'm taking Antonio over everybody. Vrabel would be my number 3 choice for you guys

I think Ben Johnson is the next Sean McVay

• Like 1