Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I say this with a caveat 

If yall can get Harbaugh go get him 

Besides that I'm taking Antonio over everybody. Vrabel would be my number 3 choice for you guys

What are your thoughts on the Ravens DC Mike McDonald (as a potential HC) given you guys saw him in division rivalry??

27 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What are your thoughts on the Ravens DC Mike McDonald (as a potential HC) given you guys saw him in division rivalry??

I like that guy. Could be another solid option as a head coach for sure. My thing with that though is you're not gonna have a coach by senior bowl & also why not just go with pierce if you're gonna go with a defensive coach. 

Edited by Jeremy408

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is a lot of coping. 

Reid is a top 3 coach in football, he's not retiring for sometime as he has Mahomes (28) in his prime to win Superbowls. They have a young defense full of players. Their GM is among the top in football at roster building. They will compete for years.

Harbaugh has been a success everywhere he's gone. His panache in building teams is well documented. He hires the best people to do the jobs. Similar to his job in SF, he inherits an underachieving veteran team with with a top 10 QB who he will put his stamp on and bring to his full potential.  

Payton's Broncos overachieved despite a massive lack of talent and an aging QB he made appear competent. He'll get his QB pick and start building the right way.

The Raiders are looking at hiring a wild card at coach and have to find a QBOTF to develop. They are in a true boom or bust transition right now. Emotion will only play so far.

There’s questions marks on all the teams going forward. I would like to see how KC/Buf ends up

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

We should know with regards the GM position shortly shouldn’t we? Maybe today??

I’m just impatient for that first domino to fall 😁

Wouldn’t surprise me to see them do one more interview at HC. (Satisfy the Rooney rule)

And then announce AP / Kelly together so they can do a joint presser. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see them do one more interview at HC. (Satisfy the Rooney rule)

And then announce AP / Kelly together so they can do a joint presser. 

That's what I think is gonna happen. Which is why I think they both got interviewed on the same day.

Edited by Jeremy408

12 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

But doesn't he run the air raid? Does that even work in the nfl?

My understanding is he doesn't run a true air raid. A lot of the mesh concepts you see in that offense in college he doesn't implement. He's adapted it more to what's working in the NFL and college. He's good at getting his best players the ball and creating situations for them to be successful. 

Good breakdown on his offense, how he adapted it and the good and the bad here:

https://weeklyspiral.com/2021/09/24/the-good-and-bad-of-kliff-kingsbury-and-arizona-offense/

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My understanding is he doesn't run a true air raid. A lot of the mesh concepts you see in that offense in college he doesn't implement. He's adapted it more to what's working in the NFL and college. He's good at getting his best players the ball and creating situations for them to be successful. 

Good breakdown on his offense, how he adapted it and the good and the bad here:

https://weeklyspiral.com/2021/09/24/the-good-and-bad-of-kliff-kingsbury-and-arizona-offense/

Not a Kliff fan, personally, but I never understood why some folks reject certain offenses/offensive concepts for the NFL. 

The right players, any offense could work for a time. 

An Air Raid type of offense could absolutely work in, say, Miami with their current roster. With how shallow some teams are at DB while others seem relatively loaded at WR, it's something that we might actually see a lot more of in the coming years. 

Imo, the only offenses that don't work out well are your super gimmicky ones where you change positions entirely (Wildcat, etc) or your way too one dimensional and in too tight to spread a defense out offenses (Wishbone, etc). 

For a Kingsbury type offense, we've already seen an increased preference for shotgun across the league, and a lot.fo teams run the pistol a lot more than they used to. It will eventually come back into fashion. Fwiw, I thought his offense was pretty decent in Arizona, he just lacked the personnel- Murray isn't it, pretty lackluster WR corps overall. 

Kliff would need a job that already had some things in place. He would need room to tweak the offensive personnel without needing to worry about the defense as much. I think that really hampered him in Arizona. He took on a full renovation and couldn't just focus on what his trademark should have been. 

Hypotheticals mostly, but he would be well suited for Baltimore, Philly, Miami, Cleveland, New England, etc. Possibly Las Vegas, as I think our defensive unit is functional enough for minor changes and the offense is another speedy WR away (QB, obviously). 

Really, of the current openings, he just wouldn't fare well with the Seahawks, Chargers, Panthers, Titans, and Falcons. But he definitely deserves another NFL shot, at least as an OC. He'd probably be a HC again within a few seasons. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I think Ben Johnson is the next Sean McVay

I’d probably take him over Pierce for yall too. I doubt you get him though. I’d be floored. I think he’ll go to a team like Atlanta with more offensive talent. But he’d be a great hire too. 

From what I’ve seen of Mike Macdonald he’s has versatile schemes that they execute on. And he’s bern able to do it at both levels. Idk if I’m taking him over pierce. I think pierce is a quality candidate. I’m probably going with him. 

6 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I like that guy. Could be another solid option as a head coach for sure. My thing with that though is you're not gonna have a coach by senior bowl & also why not just go with pierce if you're gonna go with a defensive coach. 

Yeh, the senior bowl could be an issue but you’d go with him if you thought he was better than Pierce. I read up on him early this season and liked him.

Pierce has grown on me frankly, couple of signature wins, totally changed the discipline, made simple and effective changes. I just like the guy, seems like a Raider through and through. I wouldn’t be upset if he got a chance, feel good story but ultimately my head says ‘Harbaugh’ 🙂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SodakRaiders said:

That definitely reads as “the Raiders are concerned about the staff Pierce is suggesting he’ll put together”.

Josina is one of these reporters who has some decent scoops but also a lot of speculative guesses, so there might be nothing substantial behind her post there. But that really seems to be what she’s suggesting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

That definitely reads as “the Raiders are concerned about the staff Pierce is suggesting he’ll put together”.

Josina is one of these reporters who has some decent scoops but also a lot of speculative guesses, so there might be nothing substantial behind her post there. But that really seems to be what she’s suggesting.

Read it the same way. Which is the question I've wanted the answer to for months. Good to know some of our biggest concern with AP is being validated by the people in charge. 

• Like 2